IGNORED

Spring

Joe Frickin' Friday

They say March comes in like a lion, and goes out like a lamb. True to form around here, the crazy winds a couple of days ago did a lot of damage. Power will be out for at least a few days in some neighborhoods. In one dark area yesterday, I was amused to see that a grocery store had rented a generator so they could save their perishable inventory and continue doing business. The trailer housing the generator was labeled "800KW," which is about 1000 horsepower; that's a damn big engine, and if it's running anywhere near its rating it'll be gulping down about 55 gallons of diesel every hour. Hope they're selling a lot of meat and produce...

Waiting for the lamb phase. Looking forward to taking the snow tires off of the car, and dusting off the bike...

You mean after the snow you're going to get tomorrow? :/

No need to use that kind of four letter word with me, young man! (Snow) :rofl:

They say March comes in like a lion, and goes out like a lamb. True to form around here, the crazy winds a couple of days ago did a lot of damage. Power will be out for at least a few days in some neighborhoods. In one dark area yesterday, I was amused to see that a grocery store had rented a generator so they could save their perishable inventory and continue doing business. The trailer housing the generator was labeled "800KW," which is about 1000 horsepower; that's a damn big engine, and if it's running anywhere near its rating it'll be gulping down about 55 gallons of diesel every hour. Hope they're selling a lot of meat and produce...

Waiting for the lamb phase. Looking forward to taking the snow tires off of the car, and dusting off the bike...

Most likely they want to save their inventory from loss more than sell it.

5 degrees in Minneapolis this morning. My family and I are in Ft. Myers now though. It's about 80 here. Going back home to the cold will suck! :dopeslap:

It hit 90F at our place this afternoon. First 90 of the year. Time to switch to the mesh gear.

And wear evaporate cooling vests? :wave::grin:

My parents lived in Payson for 9 years. Gave me the "dry heat" speech.

I told him the Turkey, when being put into the oven, said "Don't worry about me, it's a dry heat."

Tim:

Just adding another log to the fire...bravo.

Had more than a few of those days, but, 51 this morning, windows open, going up to 76.

Pool temp getting there...

:wave:

Lone_RT_rider
They say March comes in like a lion, and goes out like a lamb.

My Dad always said "March is a wonder month, you wonder what the F#$% it's going to do!". Dad is more right than ever. :)

The trailer housing the generator was labeled "800KW," which is about 1000 horsepower; that's a damn big engine, and if it's running anywhere near its rating it'll be gulping down about 55 gallons of diesel every hour. Hope they're selling a lot of meat and produce...

If that's a CAT engine in the Genset rental, it's probably at least a V-8 (CAT 3408), so the fuel rate might be closer to 40 GPH. Of course if it's the C32 with a V-12, then it's definitely around 50 GPH. Yeah, the price of a good Porterhouse just went up a bit. ;):rofl: