IGNORED

Routes/roads in Southern Arkansas

Id's_OK

So my wife surprised me with a fully-planned birthday bike trip, but gave me little time for planning...I leave this weekend! She went so far as pulling m/c routes off the AR Tourism Board's motorcycle site, but I figure this crew can do better. Looking for suggestions on where to ride.

Here's the general itinerary based on what my wife has reserved for food & lodging:

Sun: B'ham to Memphis, all set

Mon: Memphis > Dumas > lunch at Hoots BBQ in McGehee > Hot Springs

Tues: Hot Springs > Petit Jean Mtn Climb route dinner at The Back Porch, Hot Springs

Weds: HS > Helena> lunch at West Helena Fish Market > Dual-sport ride #34 >back to MEM for dinner

So as you can see, there's plenty of blank space here. Open to any & all suggestions other than where I'm sleeping. I'm running out to buy an Arkansas Gazetteer. Thanks!

szurszewski

We are camped in Hot Springs right now. A little damp this afternoon and supposed to be maybe thunder storm tonight (though that wouldn't matter in your hotel room!). I'd say bring the rain gear as next week looks the same as today - mixed sun and drizzle.

I think we may overlap in Memphis - keep an eye out for our behemoth rig :)

Nice shot, Terry! I've spent a lot of time in AR, but very little of that riding. Looking forward to exploring a new state. I'll try and take some pics along the way.

Let me know if you need any dining recommendations. Memphis is fantastic! Going to a Sunday matinee of Sideshow at Theater Memphis, good friend directing. Dinner Sunday night at Bari, great seafood and regional Italian. Weds night at Char. I don't usually do the steakhouse thing, but it's gotten great reviews and I have a gift certificate :-)

szurszewski

We ended up just spending the day in Memphis, and primarily at the civil rights museum. We had some Q at Central BBQ across the street - pretty good ribs and such.

I hope you're keeping warm!