IGNORED

Fuse or short?

puka

Fuse or short? The cord for my heated vest came unplugged from the vest while riding and melted to the muffler with exposed wires contacting the muffler. I then discovered a number of electrical malfunctions. Mostly associated with switches on the left side of handlebar. Loss of power to windshield, headlight switches from low to high beam on its own clock display is dark when ignition is off. Hopefully it is just a fuse and not something worse. Any ideas? Has this happened to anyone else? Or just me?

Fuse or short? The cord for my heated vest came unplugged from the vest while riding and melted to the muffler with exposed wires contacting the muffler. I then discovered a number of electrical malfunctions. Mostly associated with switches on the left side of handlebar. Loss of power to windshield, headlight switches from low to high beam on its own clock display is dark when ignition is off. Hopefully it is just a fuse and not something worse. Any ideas? Has this happened to anyone else? Or just me?

Afternoon Puka

A blown fuse # 3 comes to mind (3rd fuse in from the shifter side of bike).

At least start with fuse 3 first.