IGNORED

New Beemers

Bud

In a previous thread, the new direction BMW seems to be taking was discussed. In addition to a lot of builders now customizing the newer bikes, the hack folks are at it as well.

Way beyond my motorcycle budget but if I bought a ticket and won the lottery, I wouldn't mind having this in my garage.

148822581713.jpg

What? You can't see the "heat Shield" to stop the searing of flesh on the exhaust pipe? Besides, that the golden patina of the cherry red header zone stops well ahead of where the rider's thigh comes close. No problem for all day riding because even well done thigh meat remains moist.

I would like this custom more if the logic of the design wasn't so at odds with each component. Love the green color, but for me it is trying too hard to bring ying and yang elements together. All these parts don't result in a Griffin for me. But, as always, YOMV and is just as valid.

Charles Elms

I would like to see a larger picture. To my old eyes, it looks like there may be a clear 'heat shield' of some sort attached to the pipes. What would be clear that would not melt?

Take a real close look at where the brackets are.

Maybe I'm just going blind!

No, you not going blind. You sit sidesaddle on this bike, this way your legs don't get close to the exhaust pipes. LOL

Who needs to shift gears anyway.

GrumpyOldMan
I would like to see a larger picture. To my old eyes, it looks like there may be a clear 'heat shield' of some sort attached to the pipes. What would be clear that would not melt?

Take a real close look at where the brackets are.

Maybe I'm just going blind!

If you enlarge the image. You will see a wire loop (1/4" diameter rod) attached to the stand-off brackets on the exhaust. Looks like the brackets keep the wire loop about one inch from the exhaust pipe. So perhaps no major burn.... just slow roasted thigh.

Inside your outer Nomex pants.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::wave:

You got a pair of those?? ..... for when you're working on the boat? :whistle:

Sure thing. :ohboy: