IGNORED

Great looking bike!

Bud

Dennis Andress

The R Nine T is lost on me. I'm not sure if I'm bothered more because BMW is putting form before function, or because they are being successful at it. Either way, the whole thing strikes me as a toy for people who get 30 minutes every week to get their knees in the breeze before they to go back to the bubble of urban life.

Edited by Dennis Andress

Dennis, every generation of BMW owners had the same feeling when something new came out. Remember when the Flying Bricks came out. Oh, the horror. Last good bike is a /5. and on and on.

But for something a little older.

148771263893.jpg

I have a picture with "a little more in the rear" but it wouldn't pass muster on Mr. Rogers Neighborhood.

This one is a classic BMW.

Black, white pin stripes.

Luggage rack, ez off/on.

Yes...could ride it all day back then, and with proper care, today.

Got to see her out in Midland MI back in 2000. Wow is time flying by.. :eek: I think that red RS was pushing a couple hundred thousand miles back then. Wonder what it retired at?

Pat

From her web page: 333kmiles.JPG

That was a few years back, but I think she still has that bike, with over 365K. I believe she's getting most of her (s)miles on an F800S lately.

Edited by lkraus

That was a few years back, but I think she still has that bike, with over 365K. I believe she's getting most of her (s)miles on an F800S lately.

Two years ago, while out in Big Bend, I stopped and visited with Voni and Paul. She said that most of their miles were now on their dirt bikes.

Two years ago, while out in Big Bend, I stopped and visited with Voni and Paul. She said that most of their miles were now on their dirt bikes.

They have two 310's on order in Kansas City, one has to be red.

Over 365K! amazing.. want it too..

RESPECT Voni Glaves!!!

Also respect her husband Paul for keeping their bikes running. Because of Vani's motorcycle mileage, Paul has been referred to as the "Million Mile Mechanic".