IGNORED

2014 Wilbers Install

Gene#3

I had HermanUSA.com, aka Wheels & Wings in Edgewater, FL replace my shocks with Wilbers, lowered 30mm. These are ESA replacement shocks. Previously did the same with my 06RT back in 2011. Total cost including tax & install about 2k. No charge for use of his Gold Wing "reverse trike" during the install process. Bike is better than ever, now flat footed even with a pillion on board! If you're in Eastern US you should definitely consider him!

Only negatives are the existing BMW shocks are virtually destroyed in the changeover and my oversize kick stand pad would not fit due to conflicts with the shifter linkage.

Edited by Gene#3

Gene,

A bunch of us, with all models of beemers have had very good results with him.

Knowledgeable, professional, interesting person.

We were Wilbers dealer so our Service installed mine.

But he did the refresh on them.

How many miles did you get on your OEM shocks? Was the kickstand issue caused by lowering? Why were the OEM shocks destroyed, or virtually?

Larry

The latest version of ESA or rather DESA utilizes some parts from the existing system and the shock tubes are literally cut in half. That is why if you do the install yourself you must ship existing suspension parts to Herman or Ted. My bike has a bit over 31k. Kickstand requires to be shortened slightly with the lowered option to compensate. This is what created the conflict with the shifting mechanism.

No regrets whatsoever! Herman is a great guy to work with.