IGNORED

Random Thoughts

Sonor

Today I was driving in to work and thinking about when I was not yet driving age, riding my minibike on the country paths and old railroad beds. But then my mind jumped to the county fair and how we used to go to see a car stunt show, "Joey Chitwood." I remembered how one year they replaced Joey with another and no one was happy. I eventually stopped going as I think it coincided with my getting a driver's license. But more importantly, I was thinking today about there were never any featured motorcyclist stunt riders, that is not as the head liners. I am of course talking about the county fair, not state level. :-)

Then I got thinking about the X-treme trails for motorcyclists today and flying through the air, doing stunts fifty feet while flying, and landing on downhills that I don't know if I would have done as kid. (just the downhill)

How things have changed ... Good thing I did not grow up today or I would be attempting the X-treme stuff. That would not have been pretty. :-)

I once buried my 350 Honda Cl so deep in a mud pit between sand hills that it took more than several people just to get it out.

Me,it took a village to get me out...you know, to "raise an idiot".

:Cool:

Edited by tallman

I have thought of this often. As a youth I knew EXACTLY the top speed of each motorcycle ever I owned. If the crotch rockets of today would have been available back then I seriously doubt I would have lived to see my 26th birthday! Much less be looking forward to my 66th.

I have thought of this often. As a youth I knew EXACTLY the top speed of each motorcycle ever I owned. If the crotch rockets of today would have been available back then I seriously doubt I would have lived to see my 26th birthday! Much less be looking forward to my 66th.

The claim of my '86 VFR700F Interceptor was 145 mph according to a tester at Cycle World. He looked a bit smaller than me sitting on it. :grin: I kind of doubt it. I know for a fact it'll do 125. :revit: ...and I lived to tell about it. But, I had no business owning that at 19.

we used to go to see a car stunt show, "Joey Chitwood." I remembered how one year they replaced Joey with another and no one was happy. But more importantly, I was thinking today about there were never any featured motorcyclist stunt riders, that is not as the head liners. I am of course talking about the county fair, not state level. :-)

I don't think he ever headlined a show but you must remember Doug Domokos?

Now me, I've been doing stupid stuff on motorcycles pretty much forever. :whistle: Let's go way back though, a Briggs & Stratton mini bike with a broken throttle cable. Oh no, what to do? My brother being pretty mechanical even way back then, hey let's wire the throttle WIDE-OPEN! Good idea George! :facepalm: Not! :rofl:

Pat

The coolest Domokos story I remember was when someone commented about how Doug had ridden around one of the outdoor motocross tracks without setting down the front tire. A bystander said thats no big deal, I've seen him do it several times on the stadium tracks. First guy replies, yup but he did the outdoor track with Bob Hannah hanging off his back!

Domokos showed everyone who ever watched him, how to use that rear brake to perfection. He changed how we wheelied.

Pure Freak. RIP.

Hey TEWKS - I too had a minibike, sounds like the same vintage as yours. They were a lot of fun with that centrifugal clutch. However, I am not sure wide open throttle would have been a good idea - their brakes were not all that good. I hope you had a good doctor then. :-)

I've got a random thought for you: Yesterday, I set out to find the nearest Post Office. We're new here, so I googled it.

Turns out the Post Office has an actual street address! It blew my mind. I guess it would have an address, just like anything else, but I'd never thought about it before.

Somehow it just seems like a catch-22, oxymoron or a ripple in the space time continuum. It just shouldn't BE!

(I told you it was a random thought.)

Speaking of the Post Office.

Why do they charge you to have a PO box, but they will deliver the mail to your house for free.

And why do we park in a driveway and drive on a parkway?

I've got a random thought for you: Yesterday, I set out to find the nearest Post Office. We're new here, so I googled it.

Turns out the Post Office has an actual street address! It blew my mind. I guess it would have an address, just like anything else, but I'd never thought about it before.

Somehow it just seems like a catch-22, oxymoron or a ripple in the space time continuum. It just shouldn't BE!

(I told you it was a random thought.)

Well of course they have a street address, how else would they get the mail delivered there??????? :whistle: