IGNORED

Where to get mirror

Aram

Hi All,

My turn. Lost my 04 1150rt left mirror today, black. Waiting for a callback from the Boneyard but not expecting much. Forum search shows you guys saying that some of the Chinese knockoffs on eBay are better buys than others. Any recommendations?

Thanks.

Aram

Edited by Aram

Did you lose it on 680 in the pot holes?

I bent a wheel and had a mirror knocked off last night north bound just past 580 when construction and lane closures forced us to funnel from the #1 to the #2 lane. Unfair to call them pot holes - seems like there's just missing chunks of road between the lanes. With the cars and crowding I just didn't see them. Thank goodness I wasn't splitting!

Fortunately my bike has the tethers/leashes so I didn't lose it.

(I do, however, now either need a new wheel or to get mine straightened).

Did you lose it on 680 in the pot holes?

I bent a wheel and had a mirror knocked off last night north bound just past 580 when construction and lane closures forced us to funnel from the #1 to the #2 lane. Unfair to call them pot holes - seems like there's just missing chunks of road between the lanes. With the cars and crowding I just didn't see them. Thank goodness I wasn't splitting!

Fortunately my bike has the tethers/leashes so I didn't lose it.

(I do, however, now either need a new wheel or to get mine straightened).

The 680 pothole/bent wheel scenario was my last year's scenario. So much fun.

I lost it on 680 this morning! No idea when or how it happened. I was lane splitting, so it is possible I clipped someone -- I guess. I've been lane splitting for 20 years, though, never an issue and no close calls this morning.

Talk about scary -- on N6880, just north of the 580 interchange, the left lane used to be one thick layer of pavement higher than the rest of the highway. At night with no contrast, it would have been almost impossible to discern. Always had to remind myself not to make a gradual left over it. Could have levered the whole bike over.

-Aram

Edited by Aram

For a real adventure, try the Altamont. It's downright hazardous. I have resigned to using Old Patterson Pass exclusively.

Be safe commuting guys!

:wave:

MB>

For a real adventure, try the Altamont. It's downright hazardous. I have resigned to using Old Patterson Pass exclusively.

Be safe commuting guys!

:wave:

MB>

I used to ride that way when I lived there and commuted from SJ to Sac. Hated Altamont! Even at 50mph+ everybody is right on your tail. I felt safer splitting up to 50 there rather than chance someone running me over! I DO NOT miss that commute! Keep safe guys.

As for mirrors, no recommendations but I did buy one off ebay about 3 years or so ago, but had to get a different color. I ended up painting both black so I now have contrasting blue fairing/black mirror setup.