IGNORED

Cylinder head cover interchangeability

Murf

I'm trying to decide if I want to customize my bike a bit.

What oil head valve covers interchange? Will 1100 1150 and 1200c all interchange or not ?

Hi, Murf -

Have you tried RealOEM.com ? Put in the last 7 digits of the VIN for your bike and browse parts. When you select the part you'd like to replace, just click on the part# and it tells you all the bikes that share that part. Hope this gets you closer to your goal.

Thanks. I'll keep that for future reference.

After more digging I have found that If it's a R259 boxer motor, the cylinder covers should fit. This goes for the twin-s parks as well. There are more model covers out there than you would think.

Edited by Murf

All Oilhead valve covers interchange

Of course if you want to browse the parts fiche, try and find more than one gasket part number.

Edited by lkchris

The 1100 and early 1150 valve covers are different from the later 1150 (2003 onward). because the later beast was twin spark and had provision for the stick coil covers.

The R1200C used a different cover as well. It had some styling ribs externally and a different plug cap cover.

Internally, no idea if interchangeable.

Bottom line, there were several variants so buy cautiously.

But, the later covers will fit and work fine on the earlier bikes.

Not if you want them to look nice. The plastic spark plug cover will need to be bodged depending on what bike you have.

But, the later covers will fit and work fine on the earlier bikes.

Not if you want them to look nice. The plastic spark plug cover will need to be bodged depending on what bike you have.

It won't.