IGNORED

Help from dirtrider

Roger C

I am indebted to fellow poster dirtrider for guiding me on diagnosis of low voltage, which was causing my ABS lights to flash alternately. My OEM starter apparently was dragging and pulling too many amps, thus the voltage while cranking was less than 10 V and the ABS picked up on this and faulted the low voltage test. I replaced the starter and it turns faster and does not draw the amps down nearly as far. Thus the ABS functions properly. Not bad for a 20 yr old beemer. :clap:

Agreed. My first post D.R. was quick to reply with some solid advice. And he takes time to thoroughly explain himself, with is increasingly rare in today's twitter-esq soundbite world.

That is a fact. i don't have much to contribute but i sure like to consume the information he and many others give from their experience. (along with patience)

Agreed. My first post D.R. was quick to reply with some solid advice. And he takes time to thoroughly explain himself, with is increasingly rare in today's twitter-esq soundbite world.

Indeed...thank goodness for "rotary dial wall phones" !

I would love to meet DR face-to-face some day. If everybody here bought him a beer for every helpful tip he has provided, he'd have to be taken to a hospital.

I would love to meet DR face-to-face some day. If everybody here bought him a beer for every helpful tip he has provided, he'd have to be taken to a hospital.
Maybe we should ask him for his favorite beverage! I'd sure like to meet him too! What a patient resource!

Niel Petersen

Minnetonka MN

Yes, THANKS DR for my HER wiring, Fuel pump, Fuel pump relay & safety circuit trouble shooting & advice.

Helping antiques to keep antiques running! Just rode yesterday!

Thanks,

Dave

A true asset for all of us here.

We are lucky to have many.

When you go way back to the beginning of this forum, it was rider helping rider with these "new" Beemers.

I enjoyed a conversation the other day with T.M. Roe about this very thing as well as the genesis of the "UN-Rally".

I wish some scribe would collect stories and post them in one place.

Everyone who reads this board benefits. He's the man.

Totally disagree. He's a god.

Seriously, those of us with less encyclopedic knowledge are truly indebted to DR and all of you who pitch in to help us mere mortals.

Everyone who reads this board benefits. He's the man.

Totally disagree. He's a god.

Seriously, those of us with less encyclopedic knowledge are truly indebted to DR and all of you who pitch in to help us mere mortals.

What he said!