IGNORED

2016 R1200RT Incentive

bmwdavid

I all but gave up in the fall because I still felt there were better deals to be had on the 16 RT. I really wanted a fully loaded Bronze but they all disappeared and I lost interest as work got busy. A dealer just called and offered me a new leftover fully loaded Ebony RT(MSRP of 23,460)with 6 miles and a central locking large top case for $19,950 out the door including all fees, including 6.35% tax out the door. Even though I didn't want the Ebony the price seems to be the lowest it could ever be and think I can't pass it up.

I know the 17 RT is supposed to shift a bit better but don't think it could be so much better that I would pass up the deal after test riding one.

i have the ebony rt....I really really like the color. look at it in the sunlight, in the shade, and other lighting settings. It changes colors...

The 16's shift just fine. I like the ebony and have one; the only thing that looks better to me is that older, discontinued color grey-blue. You will love it. I put 14K on mine the first year. And, you are getting a good deal.

Larry

BMW David

So, they sold you the $23,460 list price bike for $17,250.

Plus the topcase @ 25% off list price (1,600) $1,200

$300.00 in fees

And, $1,200 in sales tax, assuming they tax the sale price, not the list price.

= ~$19,950

That my friend is a good deal!

A man after my own heart.

A local Ford dealer is offering $5,500 off on a new 2016 Focus.

Almost the same exact numbers as your deal....'cept they tax the list price minus only the dealer discount. And it's an 8% tax rate here.

If they offered a better buck for my trade, I'd do it.

Sorry I didn't get back to your PM...

Busy... then forgot

Edited by DMilan

Strangest thing happened today. I discussed the bike last night with my wife and she wasn't too happy about me getting another and also didn't want to spend the money. I thought about it and decided to gamble and offered the dealer $1000 less. They tried contacting me during the day but I was busy at work. They called a 1/2 hour before they were closing but I was out to eat and couldn't answer. I then got an email saying not only do they accept but if I called them in the next ten minutes with a deposit they would do better. I was intrigued and called. The price just dropped to $18,500 out the door all fees including central locking top case and tax. I immediately gave a deposit. Seems too good to be true. They took a deposit that would cover them ordering the top case.

My question now is this. I saw a pic of the top case with a black top rather than the silver. Is this a stock color that could be ordered? Would it look better with the Ebony? Also, could the top case with the larger backrest and armrests be ordered instead? One more question. Why do I have to wait 24 hours between responses on this site? Is it the same for everyone?

There is a sizable oversupply of 2016 bikes in inventory around the country. I got $3100 off list for a new RS 2 weeks ago.

Strangest thing happened today. I discussed the bike last night with my wife and she wasn't too happy about me getting another and also didn't want to spend the money. I thought about it and decided to gamble and offered the dealer $1000 less. They tried contacting me during the day but I was busy at work. They called a 1/2 hour before they were closing but I was out to eat and couldn't answer. I then got an email saying not only do they accept but if I called them in the next ten minutes with a deposit they would do better. I was intrigued and called. The price just dropped to $18,500 out the door all fees including central locking top case and tax. I immediately gave a deposit. Seems too good to be true. They took a deposit that would cover them ordering the top case.

Oh... come on...

They sold you a new 2016 RT, with a list price of $23,460, for $16,000?

~$7,500 off list.

I get that your wife cautioned you about getting another one, I recall reading that was one reason that you sold your first LC RT..

but, come on...

$16,000?

With a sense of humor... I don't believe you.

I wasn't completely enamoured with my LC RT, which is why I sold it, but does your dealer have another? :grin:

Edited by DMilan
Why do I have to wait 24 hours between responses on this site? Is it the same for everyone?

If we answer too quickly, you'll of bought rode & sold the bike before the ink dries. :grin:

Just Kidding David! ;):grin: Sounds like a great deal but you'll need to paint that top case to have it match the bike. Good question on the GTL top case with arm rests, someone else was asking a similar question. I think it would work fine.

Pat

The GTL arm rests, headrest, and back pads can be added to the R1200RT top case, but the parts alone are over $2K without counting miscellaneous nuts and bolts. The MAX BMW fiche indicates "INSTALLATION ONLY IN PROFESIONAL(sic) SERVICE FACILITY" so you'll probably need to add an hour or two of dealer labor.

My question now is this. I saw a pic of the top case with a black top rather than the silver. Is this a stock color that could be ordered? Would it look better with the Ebony? Also, could the top case with the larger backrest and armrests be ordered instead? One more question.

The top case only comes in silver. A lot of us have taken the backrest off and the lid, and had it painted.

What you want to ask the dealer is what the upcharge to a K1600GTL top case would cost. That will have the larger backrest included. I got lucky and found a used top case on the GTL forum. Had it painted. I have Ebony also. To add a larger backrest to an RT case I think ends up costing more than the GTL case from the get go. I'm not positive on that though.

Here is my Flickr album to see what a finished Ebony looks like with GTL case.

Here is my Flickr album to see what a finished Ebony looks like with GTL case.

All that garage space and the boat still sits outside. You look like someone who likes his toys. :)

The garage in the summer houses 2 vehicles, plus 2 motorcycles in the third stall. My BMW and my son's CBR go in the garage.

The shop houses my wife's motorcycle and our truck. And tucked in the corner is my 1965 Honda 150cc Benly awaiting restoration. So I have 4 motorcycles total.

The boat was my dad's for a bit over 30 years. Spent it's life outside. Just bring the motor in. So me only having it less than 10 years, not much can be done to that boat that my dad didn't already do. It's a four seat 14.5 foot Lund. No livewell or anything. Pretty basic. But I enjoy it!

The deal ended up costing me a bit more in the end but still a great deal. Deposit is down and top case on order. Should pick it up in a week. Now I have to start thinking about a seat and helmets with intercom/music. I could touch pretty well with the stock seat in the low position. Wondering how a Russell would be on the LC RT. 5'-7" 28-29" inseam.

I could touch pretty well with the stock seat in the low position. Wondering how a Russell would be on the LC RT. 5'-7" 28-29" inseam.

Your dimensions are similar to mine, so I'm interested to see where you end up with the seating.

The deal ended up costing me a bit more in the end but still a great deal. Deposit is down and top case on order. Should pick it up in a week. Now I have to start thinking about a seat and helmets with intercom/music. I could touch pretty well with the stock seat in the low position. Wondering how a Russell would be on the LC RT. 5'-7" 28-29" inseam.

Man, you buy a lot of bikes. Your dealer must love seeing you pull into the parking lot. :grin:

Good luck with this one. I hope that this one works out for you.

Doug

I could touch pretty well with the stock seat in the low position. Wondering how a Russell would be on the LC RT. 5'-7" 28-29" inseam.

You will have to talk with them at Russell and make sure they do all they can to keep the seat narrow at the front. That is more important than actual static seat height! You may have to learn to slide forward to get onto the skinny part of the seat when coming to a stop. It will be a compromise.

If you're concerned about being able to reach the ground, you're not going to want a Russell. The wings prevent your legs from being able to fully extend.

I had a Rocky/Bill Mayer saddle and didn't love it. I wouldn't mind trying a seat that didn't require me sending mine in. The only two I know of are the Sargent and Corbin. Anyone have any luck with either of them? I notice Sargent has a world sport performance and a world sport performance plus. Anyone try either of these? They are expensive at $850. If I have to send my seat in to someone I might but not sure who to trust. Seems like Russell is the only one that everyone raves about.

Not everyone, but we've been here before, right?

Try riding the bike for 1500 miles or so and see how this one works.

Best wishes.

BMS doesn't require sending in a rider seat for an RTW, only the rear seat.

I tried a Sargent but it was too hard and wasn't shaped right for me. They took it back no problem. Good customer service so you could try it risk-free.

I liked Corbins on my previous RTs but for the RTW they only make a one-piece dual saddle with their own lock mechanism (not keyed to the bike) or a rider seat/smuggler-box combo.

Riches seat company requires that you send your seat in to them along with your inseam measurements your weight your height and also a couple of pictures of you standing beside the bike . There is absolutely nothing to be concerned about when sending your seat to them. They are very punctual and accurate with their scheduling. If you are interested you should call them and discuss what you're wanting to do. Their turnaround time is quite short. I'm sure they will put your mind at ease.

GT

GT - I stand corrected about BMS's current policy. When I ordered mine in late September he had seat pans for the RTW and didn't require sending one in.

Seeing that my dealer sold me my leftover '15 last year for nearly sticker, and tried to charge me an $800 assembly fee, I'd love to have your deal.

On the subject of seats - is there anyone who actually keeps, and is satisfied with, the stock seat on the RTW?

It's actually a lot better than the previous gen RT seats, but it still basically sucks lemons! :grin:

I'm still debating on a Sargent seat or a new GSA, with a Sargent seat. :dopeslap:

Pat

Seeing that my dealer sold me my leftover '15 last year for nearly sticker, and tried to charge me an $800 assembly fee, I'd love to have your deal.

On the subject of the thread...

2016 R1200RT Incentive

You should get a lot off on a 2016 RT should you decide to buy one.

Edited by DMilan

Put 70,000 miles on on the stock seat on my 09 RT. Just bought the 16 wethead and the seat is quite comfortable (wider). Giddyup!!!

john

or,

we can talk about seats some more.

Awesome! ;)

With the 2016 R1200RT Incentive savings you could easily buy that new seat if the stocker didn't fit your ass. :spittake:

Pat

Put 70,000 miles on on the stock seat on my 09 RT. Just bought the 16 wethead and the seat is quite comfortable (wider). Giddyup!!!

john

I am on my 4th Boxer with a cumulative total of around 400,000 miles and I have never used anything but the stock seat that came with the bikes. Probably I don't know what I am missing. With my current R, I am good for about 800 km (500 mi) before I start standing up occasionally. And then it is more to stretch out my legs than a problem with the seat.
or,

we can talk about seats some more.

Awesome! ;)

With the 2016 R1200RT Incentive savings you could easily buy that new seat if the stocker didn't fit your ass. :spittake:

Pat

There ya go...

good one Pat