IGNORED

We knew it was coming, now it's here!

dirtrider

Would that stop me from tipping it over in the garage? At least I have gotten good at picking mine up.

Morning Oldironken

Maybe or maybe not but it looks like it would wobble around long enough to give you time to get off before it completely falls over.

My main interest is; could it trained to turn itself around in the garage then put it's own center stand down?

I don't want one that is too smart or it would be running off to the local gas station by itself for a drink.

I'd bet the range of tilt on that thing is quite limited. I can't see how that thing could compensate past a few degrees of lean.

I'd bet the range of tilt on that thing is quite limited. I can't see how that thing could compensate past a few degrees of lean.

Morning greiffster

Probably can't compensate for much off-center weight shift either.

With it appearing to not use gyros but instead using front fork movement (even with the rake shift ability) it doesn't look to have a lot of major correction ability sitting still.

By looking at it's self correction actions it appears that it's claim to fame is in not allowing it to lean much, as well as making quick corrections, before it gets too far out of plumb to bring it back to upright. (I wonder how/if it handles self corrections on a side hill?)

Interesting concept but I would imagine not ready for prime time yet. It does look like maybe a glimpse into our motorcycling future though.

Interesting concept but I would imagine not ready for prime time yet. It does look like maybe a glimpse into our motorcycling future though.

^^^^This.

Guest Kakugo

Expect them to lobby like maniacs to make it compulsory in a few years. That's the only thing Honda's good at nowadays apart building power equipment engines.

...I don't want one that is too smart or it would be running off to the local gas station by itself for a drink.

Priceless!

If it was indeed smart enough to do that, we all might enjoy auto-piloting ourselves down to the pub for a few pints, and safely back home again!

It kinda reminds me of what my mom said she would get if she won the lottery: A sedan chair, with a team of muscled up guys to take her wherever she needed to go.

I don't want one that is too smart or it would be running off to the local gas station by itself for a drink.

Or worse yet. The male versions might start chasing those who wear skirts!

I fear this is an emerging trend that bodes not well for us flawed humans. A few years from now there will be a forum for smart bikes where they will discuss the pros and cons of a variety of riders !