IGNORED

Hola a todos!!

Luis RT12

Hi everyone,

My name is Luis and I'm the proud owner of a new (to me) R1200RT model 2006, it's got the faster Red Piamonte color and it's in superb condition, prior to this I had a Honda ST1300 for 5 years which was an outstanding machine.

Unfortunately the bike was getting some how outdated and had an opportunity to sell it to a good friend that will take good care of her, before the ST, I had an oil head R1100RT model '97 which never gave me any issues or hicups.

It's funny coming back to the RT's and their kind of agricultural engine sound when you first start it, so far I have not seen any other major issue other than having the need to replace the rear tire which is toasted, I will put a Metzeler Roadtec Z6, in front it has a Michelin Pilot Road, is this a good combination??

I will be checking quite often for updates whithin the group and I hope to serve you all with my humble experience in 30+ years of motorcycle riding experience.

I live in central part of Mexico (city of Queretaro) which is sorrounded by some nice roads and towns for that quick weekend getaway, you are invited to throw me a line next time you are around so we can go for a cold beer and a nice shot of tequila.

Saludos,

Luis

Welcome. I live in Guadalajara. I was in Qro on my R1200R a couple of months ago and San Miguel de Allende last weekend. If you get over this way let me know.

Welcome to the board. Lot's of good information, and more importantly, good people. Someone will have an answer to most questions.

Welcome Luis! Great members here on the board with a wealth of knowledge and willing to share!

Haven't ventured down south as of yet, but I hope to one day take you up on the cervesa y tequila!

Steve