IGNORED

What's Your Lust Object Of The Week?

TEWKS

Bikes - Cars - Boats - Planes - Vacation Homes...Name yours! It's usually not my cup of tea, two too many wheels but somehow I latched on to this beautiful Porsche 718 Cayman S this week. Next week, who knows! :dopeslap: Gotta blame somebody, yep Marty's fault! :grin:

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

Pat

The week? How about the day? I'm constantly coming across stuff I just gotta have. The latest: a sweet little Boxster S I stumbled across over the weekend.

SLD ---> Serial Lust Disorder.

Ah yes, the Chevy Nomad - good vehicle. My Dad had one when I was about 14 and it was considered to be a "Classic" then. He used it for work and I always wondered about his intelligence as a result. Kidding of course, but that just did not make sense.

The Rocketman

We have a '57 Chevy 150 businessman's coupe. Used to have a Nomad. Shoe-horned in a 454 one day. Couldn't find motor mounts, so we just welded it to the frame. Thing shook like crazy, but it sure moved nice.....

Back-stepping it past last week's Triple Black GSA was this little Winnebago fuse. Heck, it was about the same money as this week's Porsche Cayman S. Oh man, this would make the trek from Massachusetts to Colorado so much nicer! :) Ok, Bill gets the blame for this one. ;) Come to think of it, he should probably take the hit on the Porsche too! :rofl:

065172.jpg

Pat

Bikes - Cars - Boats - Planes - Vacation Homes...Name yours! It's usually not my cup of tea, two too many wheels but somehow I latched on to this beautiful Porsche 718 Cayman S this week. Next week, who knows! :dopeslap: Gotta blame somebody, yep Marty's fault! :grin:

Pat

Enjoy the hell out of it! Nothing like a well driven P!

PS, don't blame me...thank me and Bill.

Edited by Marty Hill
Enjoy the hell out of it! Nothing like a well driven P!

PS, don't blame me...thank me and Bill.

Good morning Marty, (blame-thank) is pretty much the same word in this game. :grin: I'm sure I'd enjoy the hell out of the Porsche but this thread is kinda like that three page Christmas list you wrote out as a kid, never really expecting all of it. :)

Pat

Back-stepping it past last week's Triple Black GSA was this little Winnebago fuse. Heck, it was about the same money as this week's Porsche Cayman S. Oh man, this would make the trek from Massachusetts to Colorado so much nicer! :) Ok, Bill gets the blame for this one. ;) Come to think of it, he should probably take the hit on the Porsche too! :rofl:

065172.jpg

Pat

Pat, P-cars can wait, that rig though could make you a regular in Colorado. :thumbsup:

I mean check out this dude, he zips back and forth like there's nothing to it. :)

004-XL.jpg

005-XL.jpg

It's not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have. I got my wife, sister and mom, and two needy little dogs. All of them, I spoil as best I can.

Right now, I'm dreaming about steady work, health insurance and clearing out the junk in my parent's basement! (Gawd, what a mess!)

Happy Thanksgiving guys!

Pat, P-cars can wait, that rig though could make you a regular in Colorado. :thumbsup:

I mean check out this dude, he zips back and forth like there's nothing to it. :)

Bill that was my thought exactly. Let's see, we'd have the requisite Disney trip in April & then the ***Rocky Mountain Freedom Tour*** in July. Yeah baby! :grin:

Doug's rig may have been involved in that thought process just a wee bit. ;) See, there's plenty of blame to go around! :grin:

Pat

I have always wanted one of these:

178675_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

A customized '57 Nomad was displayed at the car show portion of a recent fund-raising event I was working. The owner said he had $220,000.00 into the car! Of course, it had a late-model Corvette engine, among many other tasty mods.

It's not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have. I got my wife, sister and mom, and two needy little dogs. All of them, I spoil as best I can.

Right now, I'm dreaming about steady work, health insurance and clearing out the junk in my parent's basement! (Gawd, what a mess!)

Happy Thanksgiving guys!

I hear you. This is the day and age we live in, where steady work is something to be longed for. Amazing times we live in.

GT350R Mustang

That's one bad to the bone Mustang right there! :thumbsup:

2017-Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT350-FCI-4.jpg

Pat

Sweet Stang! Or we could keep it in The Family with an M2, 0-60 4.0 secs:

bmw-m2-feature-876.jpg

Nice, I could see getting that one by under the tool utility category! :read::thumbsup: This one has been on my lust list for a couple of seasons now. I just can't figure out a way to convincingly reword a $13,000 dollar snow shovel. :grin:

maxresdefault.jpg

Pat

GT350R Mustang

Pat

Brand loyalty is an interesting phenomenon. The Mustang has absolutely no appeal to me, but the M2, that is a different story.

GT350R Mustang

Pat

Brand loyalty is an interesting phenomenon. The Mustang has absolutely no appeal to me, but the M2, that is a different story.

365 bhp and 343 fp of torque starting at 1400 rpm from a smoooooth twin turbo straight six -- with an electronic active multi-plate limited slip diff.

Choose the 6-speed manual and... yikes.

slide_0027.jpg

I too am smitten by the M2; having had two E30 M3's it seems the logical successor. All the M cars since the E36 have been bloated such that they aren't near as much fun and lust worthy. And now with reports of the new M2 CS and even more power, yikes. Seriously, for the money it is one hard car to beat if you need a back seat.

Edited by mickeym3
I found one of these in a local "hardware store".

This engraved model is pretty hard to come by and now I think I just need one!

Several years ago,....'bout 1990 to be exact, one of my buddies that lived in the barracks asked if I could store a couple of his guns in my house (off base). Sure, no problem. He brings over two beauties. A Colt Python 4" Nickel and a SPAS 12. He said I could play with them any time,.....why certainly :)

So, a few months goes by and he comes to me saying that he needed some cash and was willing to sell both at $300 each,.....if I weren't a poor Corporal that couldn't afford them I would have jumped at it,....now just a short 26 years later, I see both in the neighborhood of $1000-3000 for the SPAS and $3k+ for the Python,.......I shoulda sold the ex-wife to buy the weapons......damn.

python2.jpg

500px-Franchi-SPAS12.jpg

I still lust at purchasing the Python at gun shows!!!!!

So, a few months goes by and he comes to me saying that he needed some cash and was willing to sell both at $300 each...

That would have been quite the deal!

Adjusted for inflation, $300 in 1990 is still only about $550 in today's money. :dopeslap:

Pythons are getting crazy expensive nowadays. Doubly so here in CA.

I've just about given up on finding a reasonably priced one.