IGNORED

RTW seat option

Knobby10

Like some others, I found the seat on my '16 RTW a little uncomfortable after 50 miles or so. I thought I would wait until 5K miles before changing it out. Over the weekend I found an old Air-hawk seat cushion in a toolbox leftover from one of my Harley's. I tried it on the RT and rode a quick 100 mile run in absolute comfort. Yeah, it doesn't look great but I can spend that money on other farkles I'm lusting after.

I too found the stock seat uncomfortable. I tried the airhawk seat and it worked well. But after multiple 1000 mile days riding I wanted a custom seat where I didn't have to have something on top of it to be comfortable. In the end, the air hawk was a good product for me when riding shorter distances.

Airhawk is what I use as well. It is quite good. A couple of weeks ago, I didn't put the thing back on after washing the bike, and that 250 miles ride sure confirmed for me that Airhawk does help with the butt discomforts!

I too found the stock seat uncomfortable. I tried the airhawk seat and it worked well. But after multiple 1000 mile days riding I wanted a custom seat where I didn't have to have something on top of it to be comfortable. In the end, the air hawk was a good product for me when riding shorter distances.

I never tried the Airhawk, but I've read a lot of positive reviews. I did try the Alaska Sheepskin Buttpad--in fact, I reused one that I had gotten for my '99 RT--and it does help some. Fundamentally, though, the Buttpad just offers a bit more cushioning; it doesn't address the seat's contour.

There is no such thing as a break-in period for a stock BMW seat I put 20,000 miles on my 14RT's stock seat hoping BMW would come out with a comfort seat like was on my 04RT , never happened ,so I bought a Sargent seat and after 39,000 miles on it I'm still happy with it , price was right and direct fit with no modifications like some other custom seats.

Who said "break- in"???

I said my seat worked in nicely with my Alaska butt pad.

Your butt may vary.

I don't really need a "lazy boy" feel. I move around in the saddle too much to use a custom seat. I've never had an issue with BMW motorcycle seats.

Again, your butt may vary.

Happy riding. :wave:

MB>

After my first road trip I bought an Airhawk...great product! The stock seat was beyond discomfort on my rear. Not wanting a cushion sitting on the bike for several reasons I went for an aftermarket replacement. After being rejected by RDL because of my stature I went with a Sargent seat and have done a half-dozen or so 500 mile rides in good comfort. But, back to the Airhawk, I give it two thumbs up for comfort.

I hear many are happy with their Airhawk cushions. I never tried one,

but the idea of removing it after rides, and the looks is not so

appealing. Was wondering if anyone considered building it (the Airhawk)

into the seat, with the help of a upholsterer, of course?