Signs of the time

Bud

Joe Frickin' Friday

Reminds me of a handwritten sign I once saw in the window of a liquor store:

"THE LIVER IS EVIL - IT MUST BE PUNISHED"

• 1 month later...
The Rocketman

Speaking of liquor stores....

Caught this one today on the side of a liquor delivery truck at a restaurant next door to my office. Thought it was pretty cool...

1_zpsqnndkucm.jpg

2_zpsjzbeoiso.jpg

3_zps8mb2yc0f.jpg

gluten-free-sheet-metal.jpg

Hey Mitch - thanks for posting that!

I drove by that place just about every day when we were in Portland - they had that sign up from time to time as well as some other stuff. Just out of frame to the right is a lumber shop that often put up funny and sometimes matching bits of stuff on their sign as well.

And "down the street" was one of Portland's many, erm, adult businesses that often had "Packed with gluten!" on their marquee.

Ah, Portlandia, you were amusing....

Cool,

Is that a 1950's R68?

Steve

I don't think so. It has an Earles fork.

The photo has been "flipped." The drive-shaft should be on the right side, and George's wedding ring should be on his left hand.

Bob

The photo has been "flipped." The drive-shaft should be on the right side, and George's wedding ring should be on his left hand.

Bob

Nice catch!! :thumbsup:

Maybe George's right profile is better looking? :S;)

Cool,

Is that a 1950's R68?

Steve

I don't think so. It has an Earles fork.

Bob

Observant. Also, if you only have one mirror, I suppose it would normally be on the left.

So why would they flip it and remove the tank badges... :dontknow:

What was on the other side of the truck? I'd guess they wanted the motos facing forward. As to shopping out the badges, who knows? Could be Honda and BMW didn't want to be associated with riders with no gear advertising alcohol.

The Rocketman

I don't know what was on the other side, as I was on the other, other side.

Maybe they only wanted to get half sued by BMW and Honda for copyright infringement? Knowing these guys recently sold their Mexican villas for a reported $100 Million, not sure that would put a dent in their wallets :)

These guys actual riders?

.... of these actual bikes...?

.... and might they ride together.../

or is all a production?

Both of them do ride, long distance and extensively. Maybe not in that photo, but in real life, yes.

Keep in mind, there are many different levels of "real" life.

I think you lose more than a little street cred when your "people" have your bikes prepped and waiting for you on the tarmac when your private jet arrives.

Clooney-Gerber Tour

Kinda doubt I'll be parking my bike next to theirs at Motel 6.

Edited by lkraus
They pulled the logos because they would be backwards and look silly. Who rides an adnoH or WMB.

D'oh! Of course.

I'm gonna guess that the image was flipped because it was on the side of a truck. And now the bikes are "facing forward" with the direction of travel of the truck.

But my theory might go out the window if we can take a look at the other side of that truck! ;-)

Missouri Bob
Both of them do ride, long distance and extensively. Maybe not in that photo, but in real life, yes.

Keep in mind, there are many different levels of "real" life.

I think you lose more than a little street cred when your "people" have your bikes prepped and waiting for you on the tarmac when your private jet arrives.

Clooney-Gerber Tour

Kinda doubt I'll be parking my bike next to theirs at Motel 6.

+1

What % of members here have done a 2600 mile trip with or without being flown to their bikes?

Me.

Longest was only 7,000, not in the running for any prize.

Beth has done multiple 1500-2600 mile trips as pillion, does that count?

:wave:

Her longest day was 700 miles.

Now we did do one UN using a trailer.

But only because it ended on Thursday, on the Nevada/California border, and she had to be in Orlando on Saturday.

Wimps...

:lurk:

You've done more cross country trips than I have fingers.

:dopeslap:

And toes.

:rofl:

And there's the Iron Butt folks like Ebie, and KTsRidin :thumbsup: and the couple who have done it more than once, Steve C solo and 2 up on the Bikeopatumus, Jamie and Leslie dropping in at El Paseo from Cali, Leslie and Laney buying one of the 43 BMW's you rode and sold.

The 50cc and 100ccc maniacs, Steve H and Uli, Matt and Danny, Jamie fundraising, Richard, of course the incomparable Miss Jacqueline, Whip and Miss Louise, just to recall a few.

But your point is an excellent one because there are tens of thousands of registered members.

To those I left out, old age and memory...

San Francisco to Maine and back

Denver to Maine and back

Guadalajara to Los Angeles and back

Lots of shorter trips that approach 2600 mi.

Edited by Green RT

I'm sure/guessing that hundreds of us have done 2.6k rides. How many thousands use this site? Surely some of you get my point. Why make light of their ride? Not that they are aware or would give a damn about any of our opinions.

Have fun.

Marty,

Clooney is often on this site.

His board name is anonymous...

Happy New Year, hope that it is a great one for you.

:wave:

Weren't we discussing signs?

Here's one I've always been entertained by...

No%20cat_zpsdhokqyor.jpg

At least they don't pussy foot around what's in the lunch special!

Joe Frickin' Friday

Spotted in Durango, CO in 2011:

2011-05-238-L.jpg

150 feet down the road (just beyond the tree) was a Residence Inn. :grin:

P1030735.JPG

Had lunch at that place with Nicol during UnMOO. :eat: Tasty!

Skeptic here. The other place at which you said you ate was not open when I went there. :rofl::wave::dopeslap:

I don't have a copy of the sign but saw one at an oil change place that said wanted......oil changer - will be judged on your ability to make a no foam Latte. We can teach you to change oil.