IGNORED

"Call Joe"...Sena 20s phone challenge

Dean

GRRRRR...2016 RT, audio and Nav 5. Sena 20s. I Phone 6. Updated Nav 5 and Sena yesterday (3Nov).

Set up in accordance with Richard Battles video.

Intercom, GPS instructions and BMW audio all work as advertised.

Touch the "phone" icon on the Nav 5, I voice command "call Joe". I phone replies "calling Joe". I hear one ring...then my music begins playing again. No Joe. I end the call on the Nav 5.

Minutes later I get an incoming call from Joe. He says "I got your call and answered but nobody there".

Any ideas or suggestions?

TNX

Dean

It sounds to me like you may have simply experienced a dropped call. Is this a one-time thing, or does it happen everytime you have tried to make a call?

My SO Dad just bought a 16 RT and a Nav V same issue! The VERY same issue! He called Garmin and got to the Nav 5 support and they said his Nav V was bad to send it back and will get a new one out to him.

I had to send my Nav V back within a week of buying it and my 15 RT.

Not sure why we have these problems with Nav V as I also bought a new 660 LM for the car and it is flawless.

I can only assume it is the BMW software that is the issue and not the Garmin side of things?

It sounds to me like you may have simply experienced a dropped call. Is this a one-time thing, or does it happen everytime you have tried to make a call?

Happens every time that I initiate a call. Incoming calls processed as advertised. Thanks for responding.

My SO Dad just bought a 16 RT and a Nav V same issue! The VERY same issue! He called Garmin and got to the Nav 5 support and they said his Nav V was bad to send it back and will get a new one out to him.

I had to send my Nav V back within a week of buying it and my 15 RT.

Not sure why we have these problems with Nav V as I also bought a new 660 LM for the car and it is flawless.

I can only assume it is the BMW software that is the issue and not the Garmin side of things?

Wow...thats a bummer. I appreciate your input and will contact Garmin support. I'll also report back with results.

Thank you

Dean

Happens every time that I initiate a call. Incoming calls processed as advertised. Thanks for responding.

You're welcome, Dean. I have the same setup, so I'm interested in your outcome on this. Please post how this turns out when you get it resolved.

OK...here's the scoop.

:clap:

Contacted Garmin via email on their website. Leanne got back to me the next work day. She offered a pairing procedure that I tried. Same results...no phone connection when iphone paired to Nav V. She then said that the Nav V was defective and will be replaced under warranty, will send a return shipping label after answering a few questions (my complete address, verification of bike model, Nav ready?, software update info). Said that the new unit will arrive within 14 days.

I asked if my local dealer could make the exchange since it was a warranty claim. Leanne said "absolutely, if they have one in stock". I called the parts guy (Glenn) at European Motorcycles of Pittsburgh, explained the deal, he said "sure, I've got one, bring yours in and we will make the swap". That will happen tomorrow (9Nov).

So, apparently there was a phone glitch in some of the Nav V units that could not be addressed with a software fix. I'm super happy with Garmin support and Glenn at European Motorcycles of Pittsburgh...together they have provided some relief in less that 5 days.

If you don't hear from me, assume that the phone challenge has gone away...if not... I'll be back.

Dean