IGNORED

New To Forum

Ticket2Ride

Hi...I am new to this site and new to BMW. I have a 2016 R1200RT. This is by far the best bike I have owned. The handling is superb and the creature comforts are excellent. I am looking forward to putting lots of miles on this machine. I am located in Timberlake, North Carolina.

Other bikes I have owned are as follows.

2002 Suzuki Katana, 2005 Yamaha FJR, 2013 Suzuki M109R

MY-BMW_zpsic2qjz0y.jpg

Hi...I am new to this site and new to BMW. I have a 2016 R1200RT. This is by far the best bike I have owned. The handling is superb and the creature comforts are excellent. I am looking forward to putting lots of miles on this machine. I am located in Timberlake, North Carolina.

Other bikes I have owned are as follows.

2002 Suzuki Katana, 2005 Yamaha FJR, 2013 Suzuki M109R

MY-BMW_zpsic2qjz0y.jpg

Welcome!

I see a trip to the Blue Ridge Parkway in your future.

RPG

Ticket:

Welcome! It is nice to see another NC rider int he mix. You are out int he middle of no where...I am jealous. There are a lot of us in the Triangle, do not be afraid to hit us up for a road trip (day or multi-day). Nice looking machine. I have yet to be able to join the BMWST clan at a rally or ride event ....yet. Burt's suggestion is where I hope to make my inaugural journey.

Burt:

Very subtle, I like it.

Mike

Welcome to the family. That's a gorgeous color. My absolute fave among the newer ones.

Lots of members along the eastern states in your are. and lots of events. You just missed FART (Fall Appalachian Riding Tour), but there's a Spring Time equivalent (START) in late April. And you're in luck because next year's BMWST National UnRally is at the Fontana Valley Resort in NC. There'll be between 125 and 150 riders in attendance (late June). The links for some of these events have been posted for you above by other members. Come join the fun!

Hello and Howdy! I, too, love that color. Congrats and welcome. I'm jealous of not only your bike, but the playground you get to ride her in! :revit:

As many have mentioned, there are several opportunities to join us in NC this Spring and I hope you can join us. Not only is the riding great, but so are the people. :beer::thumbsup:

Welcome Ticket. You'll have to be careful in the future not to take a pic of your beautiful ride over a spot where a old British bike has parked and marked its territory.

Congrats on the new RT and welcome fellow NC resident!

Not sure where Timberlake is but if in NC it must be nice :-)

I too just recently landed a 2016 RT but have only been able to put 150 miles on it so far. Hoping so fix that soon.

Way to go! Welcome to the board. :clap:

If ya wanna hook up with other members of the board to ride, just keep a watch out in the ACTIVITIES & EVENTS section.

• 2 weeks later...

Being in NC you definitely have to plan a trip to Deal's Gap and a ride on the Tail of the Dragon once you have become accustom to the bike .Welcome and keep it rubber side down!

Being in NC you definitely have to plan a trip to Deal's Gap and a ride on the Tail of the Dragon once you have become accustom to the bike .Welcome and keep it rubber side down!

Oh...I have been to the Dragon a few times. Actually ran my Katana into the mountain going to hot into a turn. Luckily only my pride was hurt and damage to the bike was cosmetic. However, I am looking forward to taking the RT there.