IGNORED

2016 RT Trade in Purchase Price

bmwdavid

Hi

Looking for advice on pricing. I have a dealer who has a fully loaded 2016 Bronze RT(invoice was $23,460),includes the large bmw top case. It has 98 miles and was just traded in after 3 weeks of ownership. Best deal they could offer is $19,900 out the door including Connecticut tax(6.1%), Title, doc fee, registration and all other fees. Is this a great deal or should I keep looking or wait for a 2017?

If it is a great deal I am also wondering if the silver top case or the black top lid looks best with bronze. I'm not even sure if they could get the black one but saw a pic at one point. Thanks in advance for any advice. Hoping to make this deal today.

Edited by bmwdavid

That is not too bad. I picked a blue 2015 with 4000 miles in August. I had to add the top case with my unit. Out the door price is a little fuzzy, but I think were very close. I had planned to wait, but found the unit I did local. If I was 500-1000 higher, that was what I would have to pay for shipping a unit in the dead of winter home.

Snowy.

Guess that's pretty good

They sold you the bike for $18,600ish + tax and fees.

There are many new unsold 2016 RTs out there.

I'd guess they're going to have to offer 3-3,500 off list to move them. That said, you could get a new one like yours for 20ish.

You got 1,500 off that for a bike with 100 miles.

How much warranty is left?

Here's another I just happened upon..

One year older, no Topcase, w- GPS $1500 less

Personally, the color scheme is... ugh... well.. not my cup of tea.

http://marketplace.bmwmoa.org/classified/2015-r1200rt-new-with-all-options-inc-gps--393mi--save-from-new-purchase-listing-3021.aspx

Edited by DMilan

When I bought a 1999 RT, it was a similar deal. Someone bought it and changed their mind after two weeks. I got it for a couple thousand less than list and it included top box and side cases. In those days, new RTs were around $15,000, so $2,000 off was about the same percentage break that you are being offered.

When I bought my 2015 R, it was a demo with 700 km on it.They knocked $30,000 mxn off the $286,000 mxn list price, a discount of about 10%. (In US dollars it was $13,620 against a list price of $15,460).

Sounds like you are being offered a fair deal to me.

I have no solid advice, just some insight.

Over here (Israel), the list price for a new RT without a topcase is about $42800. No typo.

I bought my beautiful bronze ( ;) ) 2016, fully loaded with everything original BMW offers, central locking original topcase, cylinder head protectors and cellular tracker for 163,000 shekels which at the current exchange rate is about $42K, and think I made a great deal...

To the point, I'd wait for spring and get the 2017 because it has some minor tech improvements, and I don't think you'll do a lot of riding in the winter.

Hi

Looking for advice on pricing. I have a dealer who has a fully loaded 2016 Bronze RT(invoice was $23,460),includes the large bmw top case. It has 98 miles and was just traded in after 3 weeks of ownership. Best deal they could offer is $19,900 out the door including Connecticut tax(6.1%), Title, doc fee, registration and all other fees. Is this a great deal or should I keep looking or wait for a 2017?

If it is a great deal I am also wondering if the silver top case or the black top lid looks best with bronze. I'm not even sure if they could get the black one but saw a pic at one point. Thanks in advance for any advice. Hoping to make this deal today.

It's a great deal no question in my mind, especially including tax & a top box? Really great deal. You probably already know the changes in the '17 RT, but you're going to pay for it them, including likely an increase in base price. ABS Pro is attractive, but a spendy addition that you'll very likely never see activate. The improvement in the N to 1st clunk is attractive to all of us if everyone is honest here, but that issue is easily worked around as desired. I have no N to 1st gear clunk on my '16. All other shifting is wonderful--it takes some learning to get there, but it's become a non-issue for me. Grab it before someone else does! You can take the savings and add Nav V, valve cover guards or engine guards, Clearwater lights if so inclined, etc.

$42K.. Wow, what does the typical blue collar worker make per hr in Israel?

Pat

The average yearly income here is about $30,000, but basic healthcare and education is free, university greatly subsidized etc. On the other hand, taxation is very high for higher incomes.

If you buy a new car or motorcycle, total taxes are about 120%. Gasoline is about $6/gallon.

The typical blue collar worker rides a Korean scooter...

$42K.. Wow, what does the typical blue collar worker make per hr in Israel?

Pat

The average yearly income here is about $30,000, but basic healthcare and education is free, university greatly subsidized etc. On the other hand, taxation is very high for higher incomes.

If you buy a new car or motorcycle, total taxes are about 120%. Gasoline is about $6/gallon.

The typical blue collar worker rides a Korean scooter...

Thanks for the info. I'm way over paid by Israeli standards, I guess. ;)

Might not be all bad.. :grin:

hqdefault.jpg

To a brighter future ahead. :thumbsup:

Pat

That sucks. I didn't realize it was so heavily taxed in Israel. I'd expect that in Denmark or Sweden. Obviously, the healthcare etc isn't free.

Are there other costs associated with ownership of vehicles like yearly registration fees, safety and emissions inspection, other taxes? For that kind of import tax, I'd hope that you'd get registration for life. What are the licensing requirements? Is insurance expensive? I have friends that want to do halakha. I wonder if they considered this?

Thanks for all the replies. I have to wait until tomorrow to see if the sales manager will approve the deal and accept my deposit. I like the color and know the 2016 is more than I need but wonder how the new changes affect the shifting of the bike. I don't think the dealers will offer any kind of deals on a 2017 until fall of next year. What would dealers sell the 2017 for if it was to be purchased next month or in the spring? Would it be MSRP? If that is the case I can't justify spending $5000 more for the newer modifications. Has anyone purchased a RT when it first arrives at the beginning of the year and what was the pricing?

If that is the case I can't justify spending $5000 more for the newer modifications.

I'm guessing you can expect another $500 or more on the base price, just a guess, plus less or no incentives.

This shifting issue is arguably a non-issue once you understand it. Also, you have to remember whenever something new comes along as w/ the changes to the gearbox you're in uncharted territory. There are two schools of thought on the N to 1st gear clunk that happens w/ 2014-16 RT and other wet heads, and for that matter most all other large displacement wet clutch implementations:

1. Just accept it on the premise it's not hurting anything. HD owners will tell you RTW's clunk is nowhere near what they deal with. My brother's FJR1300ES clunked similarly though not quite as much.

2. Learn to do workarounds. Here's how I deal with it:

http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/rt-series/117057-clunky-shifting-2014-r1200rt-lc.html#post1638073

That sucks. I didn't realize it was so heavily taxed in Israel. I'd expect that in Denmark or Sweden. Obviously, the healthcare etc isn't free.

Are there other costs associated with ownership of vehicles like yearly registration fees, safety and emissions inspection, other taxes? For that kind of import tax, I'd hope that you'd get registration for life. What are the licensing requirements? Is insurance expensive? I have friends that want to do halakha. I wonder if they considered this?

Yearly ownership costs in Israel:

Registration - $80

Comprehensive insurance including bodily injury - $1500 (very low premium since I have a 0 claims record and a drivers license for almost 40 years)

Tracking alarm $180 (24 hr manned security service, required by insurance company)

Since the bike is owned by my LLC, everything is tax deductible + 15% yearly depreciation. I'm in the highest tax bracket(48%) and VAT is 17% so only about 35% (including purchase price) comes out of my personal pocket. I pay about $75 a month to my company for non-work usage of the bike. Simple, isn't it? :/

BTW, Denmark is much more expensive.

Not to hijack the thread, but it's so excellent to see an Israeli RT rider here! On my last trip in 2015 - I fulfilled my dream of getting all of my kids in to dip in the Med Sea!! - I saw a San Marino Blue RT at the BMW shop, fell in love with it, and ordered one for myself here when I got back to the States. So I always associate Israel with my current bike.

(If you think an RT is expensive - try over $65,000 for a fully loaded Electra Glide! My uncle's Lexus was over $250,000. No typos - and average incomes are lower than here. Things get expensive when 30% of your GDP goes to defense!)

But worth every cent, if you ask me. Kiss the ground of Eretz Israel for all of us who wish we were there, right now!

Here's the family last year during the trip. If I see any soldiers eating, I pay for their meal in full. One small way of giving back. Friendliest folks on the planet, though I wouldn't want to get on their bad side.

IMG_0356_zpsmc0ypjhz.jpg

=-MKL

Guess the Trade-in wasn't meant to be. The owner that was trading it in on a BMW scooter decided he was losing too much money and decided to keep it. At least that is what the email from the dealer said. Guess I have to believe them. Just seems strange they already had his RT at the dealership and said they couldn't make the deal with me until the Scooter they ordered came in and the deal with him was finalized. Could be true though.

The Dealer is now offering me a new 2016 Ebony, fully loaded with every option, MSRP of $23,460 for $21,000 to include large central locking top case, Taxes, Title, registration, Doc fee and any other fees out the door. I calculated the sale price of the bike to be $18,700, top case $800 plus tax and fees. That is about $4700 off of MSRP. I'm thinking I will never see anywhere near this pricing on a 2017 until next November like this year. I truly wanted the Platinum Bronze and I guess the only decision now is whether I could live with the Ebony as a color.

Edited by bmwdavid

Ordered my 2016 in October of last year and paid a heck of a lot more than this ... would not hesitate at this price. There's no way they'll be discounting the 2017's anywhere near this much.

Dear fellow motorcycle buying crazy guy..

I had a deal worked out for a new 2016 GSA Low Suspension.

Like your current offer, had a fine deal of about $4,500 off list price, and also included a very good trade-in offer on my existing bike.

Thing is, I have already owned and sold 2 LC Boxers. A 2014 RT and a 2015 GS. I didn't care much for them. As another wrote on the topic, for me, more annoyances than charms.

I'd have been more prepared for the annoyances with the new bike, but still... really?

I passed on the deal, last minute...

Just picked up a used 2013 RT last weekend. Got a decent deal on a low mile, loaded bike, but when the dust settled, it was $12,500 cash out of pocket.

The deal on the GSA included 5 yrs @ .9% financing with 0 down.

In retrospect, that would have been sorta nice....

sorry... wondered off there..

The deal you have outlined is very good.

However, as one of the last posts stated, only IF you want one.

I looked, just a little, into your posting history, because I thought that you had already owned and sold a 2014 RT.

Seems your partner didn't care for the last RT... this one won't be any different.

Edited by DMilan