IGNORED

Just came across 2013 R1200RT

SILVER-SURFER7

SILVER-SURFER7

Thinking of pulling the trigger on a 2013 R1200RT with 16,500K and a lot of extras for $10,500.

Has Heated seats & grips, ABS brakes Extras: Quality aluminum cruise pegs, oil cooler grille, Givi top case, Corbin and stock seats, tank bag, rear saddle bag, side luggage hard cases, (3) case liner bags, cover and more.

How are these bikes for ease of home wrenching? Anything to look out for in this model?

Thanks Jay

SILVER-SURFER7

Just got email from owner, Light bulb out again, service indicator on, says bulb was replaced last year and just went out again, he's sure service indicator is for bulb.

He says multiple interested parties, I wouldn't buy bike without a dealer checking codes first. Not into bidding war, defeats the good deal. Waiting for a reply.

Keep us informed of how it goes.

I guess I was lucky. I purchased a 2011 BMW R1200RT 1300 miles away basically sight unseen over the phone. I flew out, and give the guy cash.

Almost the same equipment as you, but 47,012 miles and $8500

So far it has had no issues other than the highway pegs being cracked. (I need to order the new pieces).

James

Just got email from owner, Light bulb out again, service indicator on, says bulb was replaced last year and just went out again, he's sure service indicator is for bulb.

He says multiple interested parties, I wouldn't buy bike without a dealer checking codes first. Not into bidding war, defeats the good deal. Waiting for a reply.

On my '06, I had a lightbulb replacement problem. Went through several in a short time. Changed over to HIDs and haven't looked back.

If I were lookin', I'd be jumpin' on that deal.

On my '06, I had a lightbulb replacement problem. Went through several in a short time. Changed over to HIDs and haven't looked back.

If I were lookin', I'd be jumpin' on that deal.

Same here, on both counts.

The light bulbs are a real pain to install, or so I gathered. Haven't had to change any, either in my prior '07 RT nor the present '15 RT. OTOH, if you are concerned about the light bulb, you will want to read this thread, which also includes a solution!

http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=973613&gonew=1#UNREAD

On your original question about ease of maintenance - the RTs are one of the easiest to work on! The hardest thing that you will need to do is the throttle body synchronization, and even that is very easy!

Headlight bulb being out is no big deal.

Changing the bulb is like a right of passage. You can do it. I had an '05 which was a generation before the so-called Cam-heads- which is what a '13 is.

I do not recall a Service Indicator light display because of a headlight bulb... you can check the veracity of his comment easily enough by calling a dealer or search on the web.

If you lose this one- there are many good deals in that "family"- years being '10s/'11's/'12's and most '13's.

I the Seattle area there should be many bikes to choose from...

Shop it.

The '06 RT shows a bulb out indicator as part of the center display, including an arrow to show front or rear. I'd expect a 2013 to be the same, though it really is not that hard to look at the bike and see which bulb is out. Regardless, it's not an issue I would be concerned about. Actually, my bike had one low beam bulb out when I bought it.