IGNORED

Windshield arm question

RTinNC

Have a new set of West Tool replacement windshield arms that I bought "just in case" for my '06 RT. Did not use them and on track to pick up a '16 RT. Do the Wetheads suffer from the same windshield arm issue and if yes to the West Tool arm work on the Wetheads. Sorry if this is a dumb question but wanted to confirm before I put them up for sale.

Thanks!!

After all the problems the two previous generation RT's had with windshield support brackets, that is far from a "dumb" question.

The short answer is NO. The arms are substantially stronger. I have heard of no failures and they have been out long enough to have seen that happen if there was a problem. I have customers with 28" tall and a lot wider than stock screens with no problems. I run a 26" tall that is a lot wider than stock, with a professional rider on closed course it has seen 130 mph and the "raise" button was pushed. It went right up....So I think it safe to say problems will be very few if any.

After all the problems the two previous generation RT's had with windshield support brackets, that is far from a "dumb" question.

The short answer is NO. The arms are substantially stronger. I have heard of no failures and they have been out long enough to have seen that happen if there was a problem. I have customers with 28" tall and a lot wider than stock screens with no problems. I run a 26" tall that is a lot wider than stock, with a professional rider on closed course it has seen 130 mph and the "raise" button was pushed. It went right up....So I think it safe to say problems will be very few if any.

I've been running one of Terry's Werks windshields and the stock mechanism seems pretty robust. More importantly, among those who post here, I haven't heard of any failures . . . and many have put on a lot more miles than I have.