IGNORED

introduction from Wisconsin!

billn047

Hi, after some 40 years, had a 125 CC Suzuki in college, bought a Yama V-Star 1100 and put 13000 miles on in two years. Just purchased my first real new bike. 2016 R1200RT and WOW what a difference! Love this machine. I'm short, 5'2" and have a 27 inseam so getting this bile to where I feel safe is a challenge. Had the low seat shaved and in the low position, bought lift boots (crap they hurt my knees when walking around). This winter, I'll send the shocks out to Wilber's of California and get 26 mm lower. After that don't have any more ideas. I'm gonna have this ride for a long time. Wisconsin is a great place for long country rides!

Welcome Bill? Hey you're worthy of your own introduction you know. :grin:

Don't sweat being flat footed with this bike, they are very well balanced. A little time with it and you'll be a pro! :thumbsup:

Pat

Good call Pat, I've moved it to it's own thread!

Edited by Glenn Reed

Only on my toes, which is fine unless my foot slips then for sure I'm going down. I did put crash bars on front and rear to keep bike from being bashed in.

Edited by billn047

As I get use to all the new features of my new 1200RT, I am struggling to connect my I-Phone 6 to connect to the Bluetooth on the bike. I do not use a Bluetooth helmet, just want to be able to use the toggle to change tunes on my I-Tunes.

Little rusty on all the sync sequences but, I think you can plug your phone into the bike in the right hand glove box. This should allow you access to your music. You will need a cable connection from your dealer if they are still not supplied with the bike, like in 14.

Do you have the nav system?

Pat

Oh, and Welcome Bill! Some of us got to ride some of the roads in your state last year, as we held the 2015 UNRally in Warrens. :thumbsup:

Hi Bill - You came to the right place for bike tips, info, and tuning up your rider skills.

Can't help on the bluetooth, but if you look under 'wetheads, I see there are a couple of threads there now. You might need to expand the number of posts you see by selecting a longer time frame to go back - 6mo, a year, etc

Welcome!