IGNORED

DOWNY Wrinkle Releaser Plus

realshelby

No, you are not on the wrong forum! I first bought this for my wife to try out on her work clothes. She was amazed at how well it worked. While shopping we found these small travel size bottles in the Pharmacy section in Target. I have seen them other places now. A light went off in my head. Would this work on bike trips?

YES!

Packing for bike trips is likely to have about anything you bring to get wrinkled. This stuff helps that. Quite a bit. But, the BEST thing about it is that it somehow does take away smells that tend to develop after wearing the same shirt or pants for several days! Part of bike trips, wearing stuff for several days is just what you have to do. Try it. I used it on socks, shirts, and pants. Won't travel without it again. A little goes a long way, the small bottle was used by both of us on the Unrally trip and it is still half full.

DSC02026_zps715j8vdd.jpg

DSC02027_zpsckhdjifp.jpg

I love these great tips that are shared here from time to time. This is a winner.

On a related note, I generally pack quart Zip-Loc bag with these items:

clothesline_flexoline_7_woolite_pink_red_laundry_kit_sink_stopper_Shop.jpg

On a long trip, you'll want to occasionally use a real washing machine, but this setup works great for cleaning underwear, socks, and lightweight pants or shirts. The key is use pack clothes made of fast-drying synthetics. For the few minutes this takes every three or four nights, you can free up a tremendous amount of packing space (and weight).

Well, that is a step up in refinement from what I have done. I like the stopper! I will get me some of those small packets. I have been using soap bars to lather stuff up........

Tried Downy product some time ago. It bleached a couple of shirts...

After several phone calls and emails(photos) going back n forth, Procter and Gamble fessed up and said they sometimes run into this problem because it's manufactured were they also manufacture bleach.

They reimbursed me for the shirts.

Well, that is a step up in refinement from what I have done. I like the stopper! I will get me some of those small packets. I have been using soap bars to lather stuff up........

Not so much. :grin:

I've carried this stuff on quite a few non-motorcycle trips, where my objective is always to travel with nothing more than a carry-on suitcase. There's an abundance of lightweight clothing from camping purveyors like REI and Erehwon, and travel sites like Travelsmith. A few years ago, my son commented that I was sporting a "Joe Tourist" look. I'm actually fine with that, as long as it gets me to where I'm going more quickly and efficiently. I try to travel with no more than three to five days of clothes. This approach translates pretty well to motorcycle travel. One just needs to adjust to the idea that you're going to wear things multiple times on a trip. After all, it's not like GQ has a photographer tagging along with you each day, right?

Tried Downy product some time ago. It bleached a couple of shirts...

After several phone calls and emails(photos) going back n forth, Procter and Gamble fessed up and said they sometimes run into this problem because it's manufactured were they also manufacture bleach.

They reimbursed me for the shirts.

This product shares nothing with what we have come to know the name "Downy" for, other than name. That is just for marketing. Not a soap or softener in other words. It is a clear spray on liquid.

Archived