IGNORED

AF-XiED vs. Techlusion for R1200RT

Mike T

I am looking to improve my throttle response on my 2006 R1200RT. The two options I am considering are the Techlusion Gen 3 that is on sale for $225 or the AF-XiED $379. I've read some reviews of the AF-XiED installed on a R1200RT that are favorable. I couldn't find much on the Techlusion on a R1200. I run the Techlusion on my R1100RS and love how it performs. The bike has 35K miles with stock exhaust, O2 sensors and engine. I live in Colorado so most of my miles are at altitude if that makes a difference. Not giving up too much gas mileage also would be nice.

Thanks in advance for your input.

terryofperry

I believe your R1200 has a different ECU than the R1100. If you want to keep the closed loop function of the O2 sensors and still control the fueling the AF-XIED may be a better choice. Roger has done extensive data gathering on both, he should be along shortly and give you his thoughts. I had a Techlusion, my humble opinion is the AF-XIED is the better option. I do understand the cost difference.

Terry

roger 04 rt

I'm traveling but the short of it is that the Tech adds fuel, but not with the precision and control of AF-XIED. Also The AF-XIED allows both O2 sensors to continue functioning individually and also in harmony with each other.

Thanks for the replies. I went ahead and ordered the AF-XiED. I know I will be happy with this based on other's reviews and since the Techlusion only covers 2005 to 2007 model years, the resale value of the AF-XiED should be better.

Archived