IGNORED

GS Stock seat and windshield are pretty good!

Exploreinman

Exploreinman

After 10.5 years on an RT, I recently picked up a 2016 GSW and I can say that I'm very happy with the stock seat and windshield. The opposite was true of my '05 RT which I rate the stock seat as very poor and the windshield a medium OK. I upgraded to a Bill Mayer saddle and Aeroflow windshield on my RT, but I see no need to do so on my new GS. I rode a 400 mile day Saturday and the seat comfort was very good. The RT stock seat was like riding on a 2 X 4 turned up on its edge, but the GS stock seat is shaped much better to spread out the weight and the foam material is very comfortable. The airflow that hits me is clean air and I have no helmet buffeting. I wear earplugs 100% of the time so wind noise is not an issue. I will consider an alternate windshield for winter months to keep a little of the air off of me. So good job BMW, from my 05' RT you've gotten better with regards to the stock seat and shield.

terryofperry

Congratulations on the new ride and thanks for the seat/windshield evaluation.

Be well.

Terry

• 2 months later...

I agree..

Although I didn't much like the drive train on my departed 2015 GS, I thought the stock screen was quite good.

I liked the ergonomics in general.

I used a low seat on a standard chassis.

The OEM low seat was only okay... bought a low Sargent.

I also like the stock seat and windshield on my new GS. Quite surprised in fact. The windshield is excellent, and I doubt I'll change the seat unless the foam starts breaking down. Hans and Fritz did good this time.

I agree that the stock seat is pretty good for a stock seat and the seating position is very good, I can't agree about the quality of the foam. I don't know if it's too firm, too soft, or just has too much rebound but the foam could be much better.

• 1 month later...
I also like the stock seat and windshield on my new GS. Quite surprised in fact. The windshield is excellent, and I doubt I'll change the seat unless the foam starts breaking down. Hans and Fritz did good this time.

Well, that all depends on how vertically enhanced one is...

:wave:

used to it by now I guess.

Well, that all depends on how vertically enhanced one is...

:wave:

used to it by now I guess.

Completely understandable, Tim. Especially in your case!