IGNORED

Excited Chatter Thread

Bullett

773 miles today in truck, Trinidad for the night, can't wait to kick the 1190 out in Salida! Finally cool wx 50 miles from Raton, plus rain!

Bob (Endobobdds) and I have spent yesterday and today (Thursday) in, and around, Colorado Springs. Tomorrow we'll ride to Salida and met up with my friend Tim from Wyoming, and DaveC from New Orleans. Can't wait to get there.

Arrived in Salida today and have a 160 mile ride planned for Friday leaving around 10. My van/trailer are in the Gateway motel lot so we can take that to Whips late Friday afternoon and leave it there. Bob, What time are you arriving? If you want to do the ride I'll wait for you.

Bob (Endobobdds) and I have spent yesterday and today (Thursday) in, and around, Colorado Springs. Tomorrow we'll ride to Salida and met up with my friend Tim from Wyoming, and DaveC from New Orleans. Can't wait to get there.

You guys were in my back yard and didn't ping me? I'm hurt. :cry:

AdventurePoser

Packed up and ready to exchange one view of God's Country with another....We never make reservations or plan routes in any detail, but I think since US 20 starts here in Newport, OR, we'll just take that to Red Lodge.

Looking forward to seeing old friends and maybe making some new ones!

szurszewski

Haphazardly packing up the rig now - spent all week helping host a national traffic safety conference and so am absolutely, other than having replaced a fork seal, not ready to go. But all the same VERY ready to be on the road.

Yesterday was my wife's last day of work, and mine is sometime a week or so after we get back from this thing. Met with our realtor before dinner and we'll be listing our house in a few weeks hoping for a quick sale.

Planning to make really good friends with as many people as possible in Red Lodge, 'cause if all goes well, we'll be spending the next year roaming the country and sponging free lodging whenever possible :)

And if all goes badly, well, at least we'll have a good time the next week and a half or so.

In any case, this will be our son's first out of town motorcycle (sidecar) trip, so we're taking it kind of easy - tomorrow night near Bend, then a night in Boise, and tthen probably one more somewhere near Idaho Falls maybe - should put us in Red Lodge in time for pizza on Monday :) :) :)

About ready to pull out of Santa Rosa, New Mexico. 865 miles yesterday, 72 mph moving average. 102-104 up through most of New Mexico. Cooling system is worth its weight in gold!

I had forgotten what a cool (er) morning felt like. High elevation, little humidity, probably in the 60's. It would be 79 and 95% humidity in Houston...

See you at WhipFest later today.

Out. Stomach virus, body aches. Fever.

:mad:

You all have a good time.

Effbee mail the bag protectors if you can.

Whip contact me so I can get the Un stuff.

Contact me PM here.

Apologies to both.

MB>

Sorry to tell everyone......but I am still coming.

Don't Do That!

Agreed. We can each punch him in the shoulder for that one. :thumbsup:

My GF, black CanAm Spyder and I on the Red RT have our routes set.

Sunday

Sacramento to Pocatello ID - 12 hours

We are leaving Sacramento tomorrow morning at 6 am (hopefully).

10-12 hours later, we will stop in Pocatello ID (893 miles) for the night.

Monday

Pocatello to Red lodge - 8 hours

Then a little backtrack to Jackson and the Grand Tetons and over to Cody Wy, North to (hwy 72?) and cutover to hwy 308 and into Red Lodge MT Monday about 4.

We'll wave at you!

Dennis Andress

We're leaving the car and trailer home this trip. :thumbsup:

Heading out in the morning for Missoula. Should get to Red Lodge Monday afternoon. This is going to be fun!

I think I found out where "eddd" lives today!

DSC01965_zps2ajy2vim.jpg

A view from the road today.

DSC01968_zpsy2irdny6.jpg

l

So it was YOU I followed down Monarch yesterday. I pushed close once to see If I recognized anything more than the stickers. I turned off to Whipville when you went into Salida.

Heading out in the morning for Missoula. Should get to Red Lodge Monday afternoon. This is going to be fun!

In Missoula now, just got de-stinked and heading for the Montana Club for grub.

szurszewski

Had a short day today - Boise to Idaho falls with a stop at craters of the moon for lunch. Took about an hour to schlep our stuff into the motel (I think we are all a big warm). Heading out for food and a look at the falls.

In Missoula now, just got de-stinked and heading for the Montana Club for grub.

Had dinner at the Montana Club last night. Super dinner and...great single malt scotch! In Billings tonight makes for a short day tomorrow.

GT

In Longmont at my daughter's house after a great couple days in Salida. A lot of stuff happened there but no posts. I'll leave it to someone else. Should be in Red Lodge early tomorrow. I love retirement!!!

So it was YOU I followed down Monarch yesterday. I pushed close once to see If I recognized anything more than the stickers. I turned off to Whipville when you went into Salida.

Ummmmm, I am not sure if I should admit to it?

I am here! Got in just before 7:15. Left Salida at 6am.

Lots of gravel on route 9! Beware as that kills your time. Then on 13 there is major construction. You have to wait for a pilot vehicle to take you down the single lane. At LEAST 1/2 hour for that, then slow traffic through the rest of the zone. Don't know about a pizza party Monday unless y'all coming from WhipFest leave very early.

If Endobobdds hadn't come by and woke me up I might not still be here. He travels at a decent speed I must say............

I'm travelling with 2 friendly giants.

P1010011.JPG

Of course, the biggest guy, Randy, is on the smallest bike (Tuono), and the smallest guy, me, is on the biggest bike (99 RT).

I left ahead of them this morning, passing through about 10 miles of smoke from the Cliff Creek Wildfire, but it wasn't too bad.

Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, and Beartooth Highway await. I'm guessing we will pull in between 7:00 and 8:00, depending on traffic jams through Yellowstone.

szurszewski

We've been site seeing in Yellowstone today. Only one traffic jam so far. Should arrive between 7 and 8 as well. Hopefully there will still be some pizza!

Wahoo, after too much "excitement" we're finally in Red Lodge... now we just need to hookup with folks (we're camping so not at the host lodge).

Hopefully folks will be around this evening at the lodge as Jennifer and I will swing over and see who's around :)

Cheers,

Kirsten & Jennifer (& Riley the dog too)

I have been posting photos and such to my Google+ page: https://plus.google.com/+SeldenDeemer/posts

Today was a relatively short loop in distance (Rock Creek to Belfry to Chief Joseph Highway to Beartooth Highway and home), but took ~5 hours because I was stopping so often to take photos.

Andy, Randy, and I are heading out tomorrow for Spearfish, then to Fort Collins via Deadwood on Friday, then another 24+ hours in the truck back to Atlanta.

This has been my first complete UnRally (X was interrupted by an emergency), and it has been absolutely fantastic. Tip of the hat to Whip and Mrs. Whip for outstanding organization and finding such an incredible place to stay. And to Ron for making up all the handy ID badges. I had a blast.

Change of plans. Randy walked in at 8:00 last night and said, "You and Andy are riding together tomorrow." His throttle cable broke in Red Lodge. He managed to limp back to Rock Creek on high idle.

He'll be looking for a ride into town this morning, pick up a U-Haul, then meet his son on Shoshoni, WY to take it back to Fort Collins. What a week. He had a great time, though.

joe-btfsplk.jpg

Archived