IGNORED

Excited Chatter Thread

Bullett

I don't know about you all, but I am starting to get excited about riding out to Red Lodge, MT. We just serviced our RT's and we've been looking at some routes. . .decisions, decisions. How many times can you ride west to head east?

I'm really looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones!

I am getting excited too! Have new tires for the RT, waiting a few more weeks for the 18K service.

Who is doing name tags. Or do you just have t-shirts with pics of your avatar and forum name...........?

I ain't ready yet!!

Tires to change

Three bikes have to find their way to Salida.

Order kegs for Red Lodge

Make directional signs to Whipville North

...and many many more things

I'll be in Jackson WY sunday night before the ride in to Red Lodge monday via the Beartooth Highway. Anyone rolling through that way stop in for dinner. :wave:

MB>

szurszewski
I ain't ready yet!!

Tires to change

Three bikes have to find their way to Salida.

Order kegs for Red Lodge

Make directional signs to Whipville North

...and many many more things

I feel the same way, and we're only *attending* and not *hosting* - can't imagine what your to do list looks like. I sold off one member of our non-motorized two-wheeled fleet yesterday, so I got to spend today spending that money on goodies for the "new* LT, AND I got all the sidecar mounting parts attached to the bike and torqued down.

...if I can sober up enough from the father's day late day brunch beverages, I might even mate up the sidecar frame to the golden beast....

well my Tuono is not charging. Battery appears good. this model year has a known problem with the stator or the plug connecting stator to rectifier. going to check it out this week. Then oil change, radiator flush, valve check and new plugs and air filter. Finally new tires and will be ready to go. Wow that list looks longer than I expected. Well at least the dealer is doing the air filter, plugs and valves so that helps. :-)

Crap! We've been so busy we have not ridden 1 mile this year. Our new tires are stacked next to the bikes, and have been for 2 months. Looks like we'd better get routes, rooms, stuff ready. Looking forward to a road trip

Mrs. Caddis

I'm getting excited! We have had very little riding this year and no planning for this trip other than reservations. No 1 son getting married July 2nd. Then we will need to service the bikes and plan the routes between the 7th and the 23rd... Then there is the ongoing planning for No 2 son's wedding on Sept 24th... Can't wait to see every one.

New tires mounted yesterday - bike is ready and in some ways in better shape than I am. :)

Mark Mayhew and I are still working on routes and are both really looking forward to riding west again and seeing everyone.

I'm getting excited! .... No 1 son getting married July 2nd. ..... Then there is the ongoing planning for No 2 son's wedding on Sept 24th...

So happy you are taking the time between your 2 monumental events to attend want I believe will be BMWST/Whip's monumental UnRally this year! :thumbsup:

I'll be in Jackson WY sunday night before the ride in to Red Lodge monday via the Beartooth Highway. Anyone rolling through that way stop in for dinner. :wave:

MB>

We are riding up from Salida and arriving in Jackson on Sunday evening. I'm not sure what time we will arrive. Send me your cell number via PM and we will ping you when we arrive in Jackson.

Cheers!

AdventurePoser

Well, I finally got us registered. No point in putting stuff off until the last minute.

Looking forward to making some new friends and seeing old ones in July!

It's going to be great putting some miles on the bike. Last year, rode about 25K, this year, about 3K. Ruining a rim down in Mexico and some personal health issues really put a dent in our riding season. Still, we hope to get some of those miles back.

We plan on taking US 20, which originates here in Newport, OR all the way out. Looking forward to the trip and seeing everybody!

Got the time off of work, the bike service done and new tires. Is it time to leave yet? Glad you're coming Steve, it's been too long.

szurszewski

We plan on taking US 20, which originates here in Newport, OR all the way out.

THAT'S BRILLIANT!!!

I've been wanting to do all of 20 for some time now, and it just hasn't worked out, but it hadn't even occured to me that it would work so well for this! I think we'll probably take it back, but maybe not - one way or the other though for sure! (Or, sort of sure...)

In any case, thank you for posting that!

josh

Baby got new shoes, adding Cyclops led aux lights, Skene Dimmer/alert flasher, Denali Sound Bomb horn, Gerbings wire, sae tap, fuse block etc. Getting way excited!

May change my plans and make the Salida Suarez, sounds like a whole 'nother party.

Looking at return routes too. Meeting friends at Hebgen Lake after Red Lodge. Planning to hit Lolo Pass and maybe Snake River again after that. Maybe even Boggans Oasis to show the KTM where the RT died :dopeslap:

Wish it was time for launch!

Russ

szurszewski

Hey Russ - looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks!

Can't imagine that they would, but if your out or return route happens to go through Portland you know you have a place to stay.

I royally screwed up my planned summer schedule, and instead of being done with work a week before the Un, I now have work a few days before and after - I think we'll be leaving 7/22 in the afternoon, and I'll probably need to be back for work on Monday 8/1.

I don't think we'll be bringing the dogs out after all, so even if we're not home when you'd be passing through we'll have someone house/dog sitting.

josh

Many of the attendees to the unrally are customers of mine, and I would like to know if any of you have any needs that I may take care of while in Red Lodge. If so please contact me at customearplugs @ cox.net and let me know. That way I will be sure to have the products you may require. Thanks much, Arizona Al

Jacqueline

Starting to get my bike loaded.... Richard, well he'll wait until 5 mins before we pull out!

We will be pulling out the afternoon of the 18th. Have been delayed a day and half, but that's ok. Really looking forward to this trip and seeing everyone.

Must get new tires, must get new tires......

My inner child won't stop yapping about the ride while my adult shell attempts to fool every one at work I'm still present.

990 SMT and 990 ADV... all maintenance and new tires done waiting in Salida.

1290 Super ADV is at the dealer in TX getting 18,000 mile major service and recalls

ZRX is ready to leave Texas for the first time.

Louis's GSA (used to be mine) is safely in the garage in Salida.

Scott's (RedRider) GS will be in my trailer on the way to Salida early next week.

Francois/Nina will ride 1290 unless they feel more comfortable on the 990s.

I will ride the SMT or 990 ADV

The ZRX and 990s will be loners or test rides for qualified riders. :)

...The ZRX and 990s will be loners or test rides for qualified riders. :)

Very generous!

Would I be qualified for the ZRX? I've logged almost 200 miles on a C70. :lurk:

medium800.jpg

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

My rebuilt ohlins arrived yesterday. Very happy to be seeing all of you. The missus is coming with me.

My rebuilt ohlins arrived yesterday. Very happy to be seeing all of you. The missus is coming with me.

Wonderful!

...missus not the shocks

:)

szurszewski

When are you leaving? Which way are you going? How about coming back? We know when we're going/coming, but not sure of the routes for either...

I'm riding out with Randy and Andy, trailering in comfort across the heat of the midwest and great plains to Fort Collins.

I picked up a 2006 Yamaha XT225 a couple of months ago, and have been trying to get in as much seat time as possible in cool morning air. After 50+ years of mostly street riding, fire roads are a new experience, and I'm gradually getting accustomed to the bike wiggling around a little on gravel. ~375 pounds less weight to wrestle with is a real treat. I'm having more fun on 2 wheels than I have in 15 years.

Francois_Dumas
...The ZRX and 990s will be loners or test rides for qualified riders. :)

:grin:

Very generous!

Would I be qualified for the ZRX? I've logged almost 200 miles on a C70. :lurk:

medium800.jpg

:grin::grin:

Bob (Endobobdds) and I have each put on new tires, changed the oil etc. in our bikes, and are all set to take off from the D.C. area this Sunday morning. We'll be in Salida by Friday.

Despite departure being a week away, my gear is packed. Since I'm cheating and riding in a truck/trailer, I'm leaving side cases behind, and have everything I will need in two waterproof bags that will be strapped to the passenger seat.

Started doing exercises with a TheraBand Flexbar Monday, followed by icing my left elbow, and for the first time in 5 months, I feel like I'm making some real progress with tennis elbow pain. I still don't know if my arm will hold up to using the clutch hundreds of times a day, but if it starts giving me trouble, I'll just slow my pace, drop back, and arrive at each day's destination on my own schedule. Fortunately, the boxer has such a wide torque band that you can stick it in gear and cope with nearly any road condition without much shifting if speed doesn't matter.

All maintenance complete and new TKC-70s mounted. Wow are they much smoother and quieter than my Karoo IIIs. Not the grip in dirt but for this trip I think a better choice. 6 days and counting

Started doing exercises with a TheraBand Flexbar Monday, followed by icing my left elbow, and for the first time in 5 months, I feel like I'm making some real progress with tennis elbow pain. I still don't know if my arm will hold up to using the clutch hundreds of times a day, but if it starts giving me trouble, I'll just slow my pace, drop back, and arrive at each day's destination on my own schedule. Fortunately, the boxer has such a wide torque band that you can stick it in gear and cope with nearly any road condition without much shifting if speed doesn't matter.

It seems like more and more of my BMWST friends have bikes that are in great shape and, like me, it is the rider not the bike that needs to be frequently tuned up! :grin:

Archived