IGNORED

UN Fishing

realshelby

I'll be packing some fishing gear. Never miss an opportunity to catch a Trout is my motto. Montana has a very easy method to get a fishing license, I wish other states were this easy. Thought I might share the link in case others want to wet a line.

You would select non resident ( at least most of us ). You will then sign up for your ALS number. That is your birth date followed by a number they immediately e-mail to you. Once you have that you can apply for the license online. You must have a Conservation license ($10) then the fishing license. I went with a two day fishing license for ($25). Total was $37.17 which I assume covers credit card fees? Anyway, that is cheap for a fishing license compared to some states. They e-mail the license right away, you print that off and you are done!

Montana Fishing License

FYI

No license is required for the stocked pond on the property.

Fishing in the river, that also runs through the property does require a license.

• 1 month later...

Just got off the phone with the resort and they evidently had some issues with Fish and Game.....

Bottom line, even the pond on the property requires a fishing license at this time......Unless you are under 12.

There are multiple places to acquire a short time license- shouldnt be a problem for anyone that wants to fish....

Im waiting for my senior discount on fishing licenses here when I turn 62 in September.... Half price!!

szurszewski

Well, my son who is well under 12 will be there, so you can just do what my dad did when I was a kid: we'll say all the poles belong to the kid and the adults were just "helping"....

Archived