IGNORED

Moto Mouth #3 - Agostini Exhaust

moshe_levy

Hello All-

Here is Moto Mouth Moshe Episode #3, which is a functional overview and durability report on the Agostini Mandello slip-on exhaust for Moto-Guzzi motorcycles. These pipes were initially tested for Motorcycle Consumer News magazine's February 2014 issue.

Now, why would I be sharing this Guzzi-centric video with my fellow BMW owners? Because I’m currently working on a review of the Remus Hexacone slip on for Wethead R-bikes – and I know that what I presented here on the Agostinis is NOT what a typical BMW owner is interested in. BMW owners would want tonal quality, not hooligan decibel levels. I get it! But I’d like some feedback so I can make the Remus test more appealing to you guys here, the target audience. I was thinking of conducting an SAE J2825 test on the Remus video with a calibrated sound meter, so you guys can see the volume in addition to the sound aspect. Any other advice – what do you want me to cover, for those seeking more info on slip-on pipes for your Wethead R-twin?

-

I guess you could call me a "classic owner." Unless there are performance gains... fairly substantial ones at the prices I've seen, I would have no interest whatsoever.

Most BMW owners are like this, and for good reason. I myself feel this way, testing this Remus pipe now.

-MKL

I guess you could call me a "classic owner." Unless there are performance gains... fairly substantial ones at the prices I've seen, I would have no interest whatsoever.

+1

Even with performance gains, I would have no interest. Now if they would make it quieter with no performance loss, that might be of interest. :)

Hello All-

Here is Moto Mouth Moshe Episode #3, which is a functional overview and durability report on the Agostini Mandello slip-on exhaust for Moto-Guzzi motorcycles. These pipes were initially tested for Motorcycle Consumer News magazine's February 2014 issue.

Now, why would I be sharing this Guzzi-centric video with my fellow BMW owners? Because I’m currently working on a review of the Remus Hexacone slip on for Wethead R-bikes – and I know that what I presented here on the Agostinis is NOT what a typical BMW owner is interested in. BMW owners would want tonal quality, not hooligan decibel levels. I get it! But I’d like some feedback so I can make the Remus test more appealing to you guys here, the target audience. I was thinking of conducting an SAE J2825 test on the Remus video with a calibrated sound meter, so you guys can see the volume in addition to the sound aspect. Any other advice – what do you want me to cover, for those seeking more info on slip-on pipes for your Wethead R-twin?

- "A quite machine is a testament to complete Engineering". I too, have zero interest in anything but the stock, very quiet system on my '04 RT. It's absence of additional 'noise' adds to the overall enjoyment of the machine.

I do have one minor complaint. The finish is looking pretty shabby on the muffler, but after 84k, it's definitely a minor issue for me.

RPG

I've been riding around with the Remus for a few months now. I feel the same way. It's fun around town for a bit - gets tiresome on the highway, where I am 90% of the time. But, that's my job here. I've got to test it and say what I think.

-MKL

I have an Akrapovic. Main reason for purchase was the huge ugly chrome thing that was on my bike. The Akrapovic is a little louder but after 20 K miles I don't notice it any more. Sure looks a lot better and easier to maintain.

Archived