IGNORED

Go Pro Settings

moshe_levy

All-

So in an effort to improve my vids, I purchased a Go Pro Hero 4 Silver. I noticed that I have a great deal of control over the resolution, frame rate, ISO, etc.

Can anyone tell me what a good "general purpose" setting is for motorcycle use? For example, say I want to film myself rdiing through driving rain?

Is 1080p 30fps a decent "general purpose" setting?

-MKL

All-

So in an effort to improve my vids, I purchased a Go Pro Hero 4 Silver. I noticed that I have a great deal of control over the resolution, frame rate, ISO, etc.

Can anyone tell me what a good "general purpose" setting is for motorcycle use? For example, say I want to film myself rdiing through driving rain?

Is 1080p 30fps a decent "general purpose" setting?

-MKL

After a couple of years of use, and trying out all the resolutions, I find that the 1080p 30 fps is the best for my needs! Unless you want to make professional movie, you will find that 1080p is plenty. You definitely can't see higher than that for YouTube video. The big plus is that 1080p files are quite a lot smaller than the higher resolution files!

1080p is a good resolution and 720p is usable but if you can use 60 fps instead of 30fps your on bike video will be a lot smoother.

Here's a recent video filmed at 1080p and 60fps using a GoPro Sessions camera. Be sure to click on 1080p when viewing.

That looks great, Brooks! Was the Go Pro mounted to your helmet? How did you do it? Forgive the newbie questions.....

-MKL

Also - Brooks - was this the "Wide," or "Medium" view?

The cam give me 1080 with Wide, medium, or narrow up to 50fps.

Or "1080 Superview" which is wide-only @ 60fps.

-MKL

Thanks, Moshe.

The Gopro was mounted on the chin of my helmet and with the "wide" view.

This fellow has a good video on how to mount a Gopro to your helmet

He has a second video with some changes to his Gopro mounting

Brooks, I'm assuming Vimeo does not degrade the quality of your vids like YouTube does? Your video looks great! :thumbsup:

Pat

Thanks, Pat. I've had trouble in the past with YouTube changing the resolution when I upload videos. Probably my fault in the uploading process.

Vimeo doesn't seem to have that issue.

Archived