IGNORED

Ride modes

Knobby10

As an old gear head I am curious just what the ride mode changes. Timing, fueling, valve timing? I can't find any real information on the topic.

As usual, thanks in advance

Knobby

As an old gear head I am curious just what the ride mode changes. Timing, fueling, valve timing? I can't find any real information on the topic.

As usual, thanks in advance

Knobby

The descriptions I've read indicate that the modes alter the response of the fly-by-wire throttle and how aggressively the traction control system and ABS intervene.

whalerautumn

Played a little with mine this weekend on some steep, two track gravel and when I purposely broke it loose the ABS light came on with reduction in throttle response and for lack of a better term, confused suspension (just a feeling, can't describe it). My thought was that it would move itself to rain mode. Kind of all new to me so don't know how else to describe it.

The three modes of rain, road, and dynamic definitely have an effect on throttle response. You get full throttle in all 3 modes but progression is much faster as you move up the chain. As far as traction control and abs...never noticed it but never pushed it. Regardless of mode, if I am in 1st it won't take full throttle without raising the wheel which causes the throttle to retard. The same thing happens in 2nd until I'm pretty far into 2nd. Third and on is no issue.

Changes the throttle response. Probably by adjusting spark timing and fuel injection. The modes will also alter the suspension settings. They will change to soft in rain mode, normal in Road mode, and hard in Dynamic mode. You can change the suspension setting to whatever you like after setting the mode.

Archived