IGNORED

ROUTES

lawnchairboy

lawnchairboy

starting this general thread in here for anyone who wants to put routes up.

three UN routes

I have included a dropbox link to three I hope to ride. Standard disclaimer. I suck at basecamp. I suck at basecamp. I suck at basecamp.

having said that. I carry paper maps too... ;)

These are some routes that I have ridden at least parts of before. There is dirt in two of the three. The beartooth/chief joseph/cody loop is all tarmac.

I suck at basecamp.

of the two loops with dirt roads included, I have not been on some of these. We will see when we get there. In any case, use these or not.

I look forward to seeing everyone.

chris

roadscholar

A word of advice having done the Salida UN routes. Only four people will want ANY dirt on their routes, you and maybe three others : )

• 4 weeks later...

Based on subtle clues:

I suck at basecamp. I suck at basecamp. I suck at basecamp.

and some intensive forensic investigation, I was able to conclude that the secret "routes" were encoded in a mysterious way. After a lengthy and arduous quest, I recovered the key, called "Basecamp" and installed it in my decoder.

Not knowing what to expect, and fearing further trials, I initiated the decoding process.

The fates must have been in my favor, because the routes unfolded before my very eyes.

I learned that we could ride the Cheif Joseph-Beartooth Loop or out to the Bighorns (14/14A). Precious knowledge, hard gained.

• 2 weeks later...
lawnchairboy

yellow tail dam run

standard disclaimers apply. 200+ miles with a mix of dirt and asphalt to yellow tail dam / fort smith, MT and then looping back.

I suck at basecamp.

chris

Thanks Chris. You guys really went off the beaten track for that one.

I was curious about the route to the dam and whether I could connect it with the Devil's Canyon overlook. I need to get a better map.

Mike

lawnchairboy

Actually, that suggestion came third hand from one of Ben Spies' crew! Ask whip. Hope I hit the particular topography I was after with it.

Archived