IGNORED

I'll Show You Mine if You Show Me Yours . . . Call for Wethead Photos

Mike

Sandlapper
13 hours ago, Bill_Walker said:

Technically, Johnson Valley Reservoir, on the Fish Lake Loop.  But definitely a spot that's familiar to most anyone who's been to Torrey.

Had a trip planned where I was to spend 6 days in and around Torrey....actually was suppose to have checked out of Broken Spur yesterday......and then covid stepped in and snafu'ed things up

But on the bright side, got myself a new to me ride with the money I didn't spend ???

IMG_6604.jpg

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/18/2020 at 8:51 PM, TEWKS said:

Nice pic, is the old pincushion tree still standing? :dontknow:

AZBLUarrowtree_kuzey.jpg

More info

Sorry for the long delay in my response. I didn’t even know anything about that - or else I would’ve been looking out for it. We were riding a little aggressive in places at the time, if you know what I mean😉. Good to know about this though. Next time I’ll be on the lookout for it👍

• Like 1

‘14 that I got a top case for, but only available in silver. So I bit the bullet and decided to paint it a color I wanted. It was “dark ebony” (appears black in the shade, and dark brown in the sun) and there wasn’t any factory paint available then. 

C7292A54-965D-46DB-9797-8559C8B1CE30.jpeg

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
Bob, in Vermont

Can  you guys post more pics of the wethead without side cases and top box. Does anyone ride much without them?

Bob/Vermont 

Yeah, I have been meaning to take my RT out and ride it without the cases on, but just never got around to it yet.  Not sure if i would notice any difference in the ride, but guessing someone has. 

I have side case crash guards and they can be removed with an allen head bit in no time.   Hmmm, maybe I will give it a try this weekend.   :5146:

Thanks for the reminder.   LOL

On 8/25/2020 at 12:47 PM, Bob, in Vermont said:

Does anyone ride much without them?

Pretty much the only time mine come off is riding to or from the dealer for service, on the occasions I have the dealer do the service.

I pretty much ride without the bags so far, having gotten this bike in March of this year. I want the storage for multiple day trips, just haven’t gotten that sort of riding in yet. So, for day rides and commuting (which has gone to nothing since working from home is required) I prefer to leave them off, mainly because I’m not whacking them with my feet getting on and off, and yeah, it’s sleeker without them.

719E47F4-E406-45A9-BDDB-7AAD396C0F5D.thumb.jpeg.73f848099d139bf3cb1c274bfab67d06.jpeg

• 5 weeks later...
Bob, in Vermont

Could not resist any longer. Brought home this distant cousin to my R100S Motorsport.  Now to get some motorsport stripes on the RTW.

IMG_1255.JPG

• Like 5
2 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Hi Tewks. I totally agree. I have seen quite a few efforts to add some sort of graphics to the white bike, but so far, this is the only one that really seems to compliment the lines of the bike.

• Like 1

Yeah, agree Andy. Well done but I couldn’t find a web site claiming ownership of them. Maybe a one off custom job? :dontknow:

Oh if I had that flat paint in that picture above, (forget the name) I’d be 100% all over those graphics! :yes:

I pretty much ride without the bags so far, having gotten this bike in March of this year. I want the storage for multiple day trips, just haven’t gotten that sort of riding in yet. So, for day rides and commuting (which has gone to nothing since working from home is required) I prefer to leave them off, mainly because I’m not whacking them with my feet getting on and off, and yeah, it’s sleeker without them.

Haven't decided if I will use the top case for trips yet, cuz Things haven't settled down as I had hoped. I own a LT and I removed the top case on it and went with the Ft. Worth rack. I like using dry bags on extended trips

• 3 weeks later...

Here's my 2020 R1250RT in its natural state, returning to the dealer (5th time) to fix the leaking front Hayes calipers even after they were replaced through the recall. I get amazing mileage though.

Steve

BMW = Bavarian Motorrad Worthless - Don't Buy !!!!!! - YouTube.png

• Sad 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looooong time rider - first BMW.  Owned Honda, Husqvarna, Beta, GasGas, Yamaha, CZ, Suzuki, Vespa, Macio and Harleys.....  I Loooove my 2018 RT.....OMG.

635024CE-3626-49A0-A3FC-1C1279085DD1.jpeg

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/23/2016 at 10:08 AM, John in VA said:

I got my '16 RT's 29L top case painted last week.

Years ago I painted the top case of my former camhead myself with a kit of sandpaper, primer, paint and clear coat that I bought on Amazon for $60, but this time I decided to get it done professionally at a local body shop -- $110.

Still needs a back pad.

IMG_0786.jpg

IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_0803.jpg

IMG_0795.jpg

IMG_0789.jpg

it looks great, and for that price?  no-brainer!

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Rotor said:

You guys sure make me miss my Beemer's.  Beautiful bikes!

There’s an app for that. ;) :grin:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...