IGNORED

I'll Show You Mine if You Show Me Yours . . . Call for Wethead Photos

Mike

Now I have topbox envy. Mine didn't have one, so I'm using the old one from my ST . . . at least until I'm able to rob a bank. :cry:

No kidding, I kept the one from the GT and had it painted. Even getting it at half price was still expensive! :eek:

Pat

No kidding, I kept the one from the GT and had it painted. Even getting it at half price was still expensive! :eek:

Pat

I'd like the new one with all the bells and whistles, but I'll likely go down a similar path. It's pretty hard to stomach the idea of spending $1,500 or more, particularly when there seems to be a fairly good supply of used 49L cases available.

JustKrusen

26994461221_c19e5f068b_z.jpg

Killboy shot this while on my 2000 mile shakedown ride.

Plus a few random shots below.

26135809243_8840d10f98_z.jpg

26739869375_e08405cc4f_z.jpg

26135813543_e25ae1183e_z.jpg

26135864903_c5c5dd4212_z.jpg

• Like 4

Loving those black wheels, Care to share the experience. Spray paint, powder coat, auto paint, plasti dip? Price, durability?

Loving those black wheels, Care to share the experience. Spray paint, powder coat, auto paint, plasti dip? Price, durability?

Easier than typing it all out. ;) Actually a little more expensive than I remember. :eek: They seem to holding up fine though, granted not a lot of miles yet. They're done in gloss black powder coat.

image_zpszzansu1i.jpg

Pat

where did you find the carbon fiber valve covers??

R&G Racing. They have them at Revzilla but I might contact R&G direct because I had a fitment issue with the left side. The cut along the plug cover was way off & it looked like crap. I say contact them because Revzilla may, or may not have old stock and the issue could still exist.

http://www.rg-racing.com/browsebike/BMW/R1200RT/All_Years/ECS0082C/

Pat

Funny, I was in Sedona on may 14th on the same bike. Same color too. Stayed at my Brother-in-law's house in Gilbert for the weekend. visited the North Rim on monday and headed home. Last day was Wed. Left Limon, CO at 7 am. got home at 12:45am after 1077 miles. Didn't mean to go that far, but the bike kept urging me on :grin:

DSCF1303.jpg

DSCF1365.jpg

DSCF1382.jpg

• 3 months later...

I got my '16 RT's 29L top case painted last week.

Years ago I painted the top case of my former camhead myself with a kit of sandpaper, primer, paint and clear coat that I bought on Amazon for $60, but this time I decided to get it done professionally at a local body shop -- $110.

Still needs a back pad.

IMG_0786.jpg

IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_0803.jpg

IMG_0795.jpg

IMG_0789.jpg

The thread title says "Wethead", not "Wethead RT", so I guess mine qualifies. After about 25 years on RTs, I have gone back to a simpler life. Longest trip so far, 6000 km. I didn't miss the fairing or luggage.

IMG_0401-sm.jpg

• Like 1
The thread title says "Wethead", not "Wethead RT", so I guess mine qualifies. After about 25 years on RTs, I have gone back to a simpler life. Longest trip so far, 6000 km. I didn't miss the fairing or luggage.

IMG_0401-sm.jpg

Yep, when I started this, I thought we'd see something other than a bunch of RTs. I guess the GS guys are a little slow on the uptake. Thanks for sharing!

Yep, when I started this, I thought we'd see something other than a bunch of RTs. I guess the GS guys are a little slow on the uptake. Thanks for sharing!

You are welcome. I have been on vacation for about 3 weeks, with my bike locked up at home. Looking at the pictures is making me miss it. :(

I got my '16 RT's 29L top case painted last week.

Years ago I painted the top case of my former camhead myself with a kit of sandpaper, primer, paint and clear coat that I bought on Amazon for $60, but this time I decided to get it done professionally at a local body shop -- $110.

Still needs a back pad.

IMG_0786.jpg

IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_0803.jpg

IMG_0795.jpg

IMG_0789.jpg

Wow that is a pretty bike. My biggest decision was color .... you just confirmed my decision was a good one!! :clap:

Wow that is a pretty bike. My biggest decision was color .... you just confirmed my decision was a good one!! :clap:

Ed - You'll be happy to learn that it's also the fastest color! :)

Enjoy!

Ed - You'll be happy to learn that it's also the fastest color! :)

Don't think so....blue is faster!

Enjoy!

• 3 years later...

It’s an old thread but I figure it’s a good way to introduce my self. Years ago I had a couple of K bikes, rode some other brands between then and now. The time is right to get a little more “touring” in my riding and the RT’s have great reviews. I bought this leftover ‘18 last Saturday. Only a couple hundred miles so far but I can tell this is one sweet machine and I’ll be enjoying thousands more in the coming years.

I’ve started reading this forum, working my way to present and gleaning tips and advice. Thanks to all that have contributed along the way.

E2BB73D2-8ED2-472E-8929-4822D413CD26.jpeg

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum. I’ve been told red is the fastest color. Mine is white so I’m ok with bringing up the rear. 

8272C9B7-EE2E-4308-89E2-E3A57D9F3D1F.jpeg

• Like 3

Welcome to the forum Janky59.  Nice looking bike!  LOVE that Mars Red Metallic, even if I do say so myself.  Yeah, that color really moves really fast. :bike:

Welcome Janky, welcome Hydrashok! :wave: Both great looking bikes! :thumbsup: Ok, another chance to show off the team, cool!  :cool: 

Funny one,

I was wearing my homemade GS jacket last-night at the airport and an older gent came up and asked if I had a GS. He had an ADV that he rode coast to coast. Anyway, we were kinda walking in the same direction and I'm telling him about my bike and my Glacier/Colorado trip I took on it. About thirty seconds in, I realize he and his wife are out pacing me :dopeslap: so I let them go. :classic_blush: :grin:

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@TEWKS    Must of been RT rider   Just sayin'

Oh, and welcome to the club too, Hydrashok158.  I should have paid closer attention.  Nice looking RS!

• Like 1
On 3/8/2020 at 9:46 AM, hopz said:

Here's my "baby" getting ready to go to the Denver Dealer for sale...

IMG_0495.jpg

THAT is one of my favorite RTW colors!   Very nice! 

New to me after lurking in the WC area FOREVER, in fact I looked up the last time I posted was 3 years ago.  Since then I've been happy with the 05 but the other week I stumbled upon a local deal I could not pass up with only 9400 miles.  Has everything I need, no radio and all I can say is WOW after the first 280 mile outing.  Night and Day difference and wayyyyy more fun to ride.  One thing for me still holds true with the BMWs though.  I can't take the stock seat or windshield for too many miles, STILL.  :( 

IMG_2877.JPG

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Neither are mine but fun to look at! :lurk:

23B9AB34-9A02-4776-949D-24F2300FE6EC.jpeg

If you were born smart, or maybe just lucky, you could add to it a matching Manhattan Green X-5 as an accessory.:grin:

attachment.php?s=029237b63ecd68b9db8490e

And, can’t overlook “Jack” Jack of all trades, the 2020 GSA.:thumbsup:

45A62029-000E-4B51-8F27-A66247F22918.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
beauXjames

Waited a month for Ripley to arrive... now that she's here, I'm trying to dress her up. Probably starting with a top case with a reasonable seat back so my girls can rest on our hill country rides and such. 

I'm super excited to learn more about this bike. I've been on so many different rides. My last purchase was a Ducati Scrambler and really decided to level up for longer rides. 

Seems like the clearance and stability of this ride so far is great for wandering. Not exactly the adventure model, but if I need to climb rocks I'm sure I can find something else when I get there. 

IMG_20200505_134424.jpg

IMG_20200505_140023.jpg

• Like 4
Bill_Walker
20 hours ago, longjohn said:

Fish lake?

Technically, Johnson Valley Reservoir, on the Fish Lake Loop.  But definitely a spot that's familiar to most anyone who's been to Torrey.