IGNORED

:::aNYBODY using a CeeBailey's on their K1200RS..??::::

hANNAbONE

wONDERING if you are getting in a no wind zone on a +6 screen.

Anybody doing this??

I'd like to negate the cold wind of early spring and late fall with a no wind "cocoon" but not at the expense of buffeting.

Can it be done??

Can I have it all with a larger screen or not - anybody tried it or using this setup ??

TIA

I had a +6 for a while, and at my height, I definitely was into the coccoon you describe. I didn't have any buffeting either. The only problem for me (and this is probably a really individual thing) is that the mild distoriton from the curve in the windshield was right in my "slow speed" line of sight. I was most aware of it in parking lots, etc. where I really wanted to know what was ahead of me on the ground. And being that the slow speed thing is when I have the least chance to regain control of something gone wrong, I didn't like it.

Being the sissy, girl rider that I am, I sold it to a guy. grin.gif

I found the +4 a little less quiet, but not in my line of sight when it was in the low position. I think I'm a little shorter than most RS riders, so +4 might not work so well for you. smile.gif

I'm the happy guy! I sit a bit taller than Laney and haven't noticed the line of sight issue. What I don't like is the way it mounts it chafes the paint. I need to come up with some kind of spacer set up, but I just ride with it anyway. Can't help myself.

John Robert, it's such a DIFFERENT ride in the cold with this shield. We northerners shouldn't do without one. I doubt you'd regret it, except that I find myself riding on icy roads sometimes. Now if I could only talk Laney out of those K12GT side faring attachment thingys...

Aluminum_Butt

Had one on my GT, but only for an hour. Between the distortion already mentioned, along with the looks (tongue depressor was the description of one friend), I returned it.

FWIW, I'm quite happy with the Aeroflow I bought instead...the Tall/Sport model. I'm 6'4" and ride with the seat in the highest position - the wind just hits the top of my helmet. There's a little noise, but I'm convinced that's from the design of the vents in my helmet. There's no buffeting.

Archived