IGNORED

How many different M/C magazines do you get?

Bud

MOA Owners News

RA On The Level

Rider

Road Runner

Look at others on the newsstand from time to time.

Roadrunner....Beautiful photography! :thumbsup:

BMW ON (owners news) For many years then gave it up. It started showing up in the mailbox a few months ago without me asking for it. Sales pitch?

Pat

MOA expires next month.

It is the last of what used to be about six.

But I used to get 30+ a month.

Everything from Psycho Today to Sports Illustrated (will be my only one left) and many esoteric subjects dealing with things like landfills or living in specific cities.

Cycle world.....that's it, but I barely get to read it anymore. I think I have a stack of 14-16 months I need to catch up on. At this point I pretty much just drool over the new bikes and read anything by Peter Egan. I've been a subscriber for probably 18yrs. I ditched ON years ago after a one year stint. I found it rather unimpressive.

Bill_Walker

Cycle World

Motorcyclist

Roadrunner

Motorcycle Classics

BMW ON

I think that's it. I used to get Motorcycle Consumer News. I forget why I let it lapse, but I had a good reason at the time.

Cycle World

Motorcyclist

MCN

BMW-ON

Thunder Press

Rider

BMW Motorcycle Magazine (run by Sandy Cohen)

I think I forgot some others......

-MKL

Cycle World

Motorcyclist

Motorcycle Classics

BMW ON

MCN

The first three I get as e-magazines from the library onto my iPad ...nice.

Zero.

I grew tired of the lack of depth in articles, especially with new bikes. The built-in bias of advertising concerns is a pretty tough nut to crack.

Guest Kakugo
Zero.

I grew tired of the lack of depth in articles, especially with new bikes. The built-in bias of advertising concerns is a pretty tough nut to crack.

More or less.

With me it was more a case of lack of in-depth gear reviews: they always seem to focus on either cheap gear for casual buyers or to be more or less hidden advertising.

In a country where people fork over 20 grands for a bike but stores don't carry Gore-Tex boots because they are "too expensive" and people won't buy them...

BMW On, Rider and MC consumer news. I am surprised there are not more that read MC consumer news readers. That is the mag that I look forward to every month, with Rider being a very close 2nd. I had an opportunity to talk to both my favorite writers from both subscriptions, Fred Rau of MCN, and Clement Salvadori of Rider. Really enjoy their articles.

The Rocketman

Moshe,

I'm surprised you don't get Brian and Shira's Backroads Magazine. They're right in your neck of the woods, in Branchville.

I used to get Backroads, and I've even published a few articles in there, but that was back when I had more time for pleasure rides. These days, with the 3 kids, I'm lucky to get 1-2 good pleasure rides per year. The rest is commuting and short jaunts. So I let go of Roadrunner and Backroads, because reading about all those great routes is just depressing!

-MKL

Zero.

But then I don't get any magazines, newspaper, or anything. I get pissed off when people send me catalogs. I take it in the house, and email the company. if they keep sending it to me, I'll put it in an envelope, put a stamp on it, and send it back to them with another request to stop it. Magazine subscriptions also set you up for a mailbox full of crap. (but I'm not bitter! :-)

Zero.

But then I don't get any magazines, newspaper, or anything. I get pissed off when people send me catalogs. I take it in the house, and email the company. if they keep sending it to me, I'll put it in an envelope, put a stamp on it, and send it back to them with another request to stop it. Magazine subscriptions also set you up for a mailbox full of crap. (but I'm not bitter! :-)

Thank God.I would hate to see what you are like when you are bitter! :dopeslap::wave:

Actually, there is a little method to my bitterness. We just have the two bikes and no car. We don't have garbage service either, so we take our trash and recycle to the transfer station (it's free) on the bikes. Occasionally a small bag winds up in the can at work.... So getting rid of it is a hassle. Reduce. Reuse. Recycle.

It is remarkable how hard it is to get off some of those mailing lists. I'm on the "do not mail" list. Maybe it helps, but there's still junk in my mailbox every week.

http://www.directmail.com/mail_preference/

Archived