IGNORED

2008 R1200RT Sand Beige Metallic (N08) Paint code equivalent?

dschotts

Hi,

Was recently in Daytona for Bike week and stopped into the Motorrad store to pick up some touch up paint previously ordered for my '08 RT. What I received was a nicely branded OEM BMW ColorSystem touch up kit "Kalahari Beige Metallic" code 481, part number 51 91 0 419 777. Cross checking that number points to a color for a BMW automobile from a few years previous. I do recall reading somewhere that some Motorrad colors are the same as older auto colors... anyone heard of a conversion chart or have any experience in this field? Without opening and testing (thus making it not-returnable) would be good to know if this is a legitimate replacement product.

Thanks!

Guest Kakugo

When I had my RT side cases touched up before having them wrapped, I took them to a local body shop specialized in German cars.

I gave them the color code of my bike's black (475) and in their computer matched exactly the color used on quite a few BMW cars so they chose to use that.

The end result is 100% the same as the other body panels.

Sand Beige is exactly the same as Kalahari Beige (481). I suspect it's just a case of marketing... Kalahari beige sounds like the color used on a GS-Adventure, not an RT. ;)

bogthebasher

Try Colorrite

I don't think the colour you have is a match. I have had good luck in the past searching here: http://www.colorrite.com/

The Colorrite site shows 2008 R1200RT paint codes as:

Code Paint Name Color Chip

764 Titan Silver Metallic 8067

847 Biarritz Blue Metallic 8049

N 08 Sand Beige 8550

You can order anything from pen size to quarts from them.

Checking here at realoem.com , it looks like the WN08 Sand Beige paint scheme (the code under the seat) for the entire bike is made up of three different paint color codes:

Paint sand-beige 481 (kalahari-beige)

Paint, weissaluminum III 955

Paint schieferdunkel-met. matt M976

(weissaluminum is white aluminum, schieferdunkel is dark slate)

I think you have the right color.

Indeed after testing the color of Sand Beige Metallic is identical to the Kalahari Beige.

Thanks for help - mystery solved!

Archived