IGNORED

Big Brass Screw !

dougied

Hey you expert lads lol

Stripped down my bike today to change ignition coil and brake lines next week (bank holiday) I noticed my big brass screw on the left hand throttle body is chewed up don't suppose anyone has a part number for this by any chance ?? Its an r1150rt 2004..

cheers lads

Dougie

Afternoon Dougied

13541342074 ADJUSTING SCREW - About $7.50 US dollars.

13641437474 "O" ring

But AFAIK-- that "O" ring was/is superseded by 13641437476.

Dougie, check out Max BMW

BBS.png

In addition, please define "chewed up". If the screwdriver slot is usable, then it's merely cosmetic. On the other hand, if the pointy end is damaged, you need a new one. Or, buy a pair, as (by BMW standards) $7.21 each isn't all that big an expense.

Hi Seldon

Yeah the face of it is really bad I remember my indie telling me years ago he would change It but he never did. No idea what the inside is like its just that whilst the tupperwares off though I may as well change it this time. It looks like he has been struggling to adjust it that's why its so bad so new one would be best I think if I can get it off ok lol...

Dougie, check out Max BMW

BBS.png

In addition, please define "chewed up". If the screwdriver slot is usable, then it's merely cosmetic. On the other hand, if the pointy end is damaged, you need a new one. Or, buy a pair, as (by BMW standards) $7.21 each isn't all that big an expense.

DR,

My first response was going to be "Where did you find the number for that o-ring?" I've been trying to find those o-rings for some time. But then I looked at the parts diagram - I believe the o-ring you cited goes on the fuel injector, not the BBS. I think an o-ring does come with a new BBS, but there's not a separate part number for just the o-ring.

Anybody out there know the size? 5mm ID x 1.5mm thick rings a bell, but I haven't been able to confirm it.

As an addition to this where can I get a list of part numbers for my bike, now that would be handy?

Dougie

Just because you asked...

Realoem

A website where you can look up all BMW vehicle part numbers. Also useful as, once you have the part number, can search on that to see which other BMWs use the same part - simplifies getting after-market parts.

Andy

DR,

My first response was going to be "Where did you find the number for that o-ring?" I've been trying to find those o-rings for some time. But then I looked at the parts diagram - I believe the o-ring you cited goes on the fuel injector, not the BBS. I think an o-ring does come with a new BBS, but there's not a separate part number for just the o-ring.

Anybody out there know the size? 5mm ID x 1.5mm thick rings a bell, but I haven't been able to confirm it.

Afternoon waynerd

I do believe that you are correct. The listing has that "O" ring right under the BBS in the diagram but that size "O" ring does match up to the fuel injector "O" ring size shown in the listing by the fuel injector.

Good Catch!

Hey you expert lads lol

Stripped down my bike today to change ignition coil and brake lines next week (bank holiday) I noticed my big brass screw on the left hand throttle body is chewed up don't suppose anyone has a part number for this by any chance ?? Its an r1150rt 2004..

cheers lads

Dougie

Just out of curiosity, how many miles on the bike? I'm having heck of a time trying to figure out how someone could "chew up" the BBS. Somebody must have gone out of their way to cause that much damage to require replacing the darn thing.

145k miles on my RT and still running on the original BBSs. No separate part number for the O-ring that I know of. Every time I have them out I put a very light smear of dielectric grease on the O-ring before it goes back in. This seems to keep it in good condition. Correct size for that O=ring would be nice to know.

No Wonder they call you Boffin You are a genius this is a great link for me as I not only have an r1150rt but also 2 bmw cars bmw e39 530d touring and a e91 320 d cheers boffin

!!

As an addition to this where can I get a list of part numbers for my bike, now that would be handy?

Dougie

Just because you asked...

Realoem

A website where you can look up all BMW vehicle part numbers. Also useful as, once you have the part number, can search on that to see which other BMWs use the same part - simplifies getting after-market parts.

Andy

hi kalali

I bought the rt 2 years ago and on my first service my indie told me about it but never got around to getting one now I have taken off the Tupperware I can see its pretty bad must have been tight I suppose. Its actually done 43,000 miles

Archived