IGNORED

Fuel Tank Removal 2004 r1150rt

dougied

Hi guys I have another post on going about ABS but I have to take my tank off and have got to a point where there is what looks like a metal tab on a quick release fitting on the fuel line.It pushes in but I cant pull apart the fitting and the pipe am I doing it wrong anyone know, I don't want to break it. I cant see how to put up a pic on here either could someone help with that also I see enter an image but it wants a web page link? Thanks guys

Dougie

roger 04 rt

You have to upload the picture to a photo hosting service and then get the web link from them.

Sometimes when you fully depress the QD plunger you have to apply a little force between the two halves to get it started. I put a flat blade screw driver between the halves and GENTLY twist, which gets it started. If it takes anything more than that you may not be fully depressing the plunger.

Push the tab in all the way, very gently twist back and forth slightly while pulling apart to separate the two parts. The plastic fuel line going towards the rear is fragile, be careful.

Push the tab in all the way, very gently twist back and forth slightly while pulling apart to separate the two parts. The plastic fuel line going towards the rear is fragile, be careful.

Nice one pal that worked perfectly for me back and forth did the trick, I,ve heard they break easy and so did not want to force it but hey wonderful now off and waiting on my parts for tue now...Thx , great !!

Dougie

Gotcha Roger thanks matey great help I did it before I seen your post but helpful all the same buddy cheers about the help too about how to post a pic I must look into that.

You have to upload the picture to a photo hosting service and then get the web link from them.

Sometimes when you fully depress the QD plunger you have to apply a little force between the two halves to get it started. I put a flat blade screw driver between the halves and GENTLY twist, which gets it started. If it takes anything more than that you may not be fully depressing the plunger.

Afternoon Dougie

Be sure to hold the metal tab down all the way through the take apart & put back together. If you don't hold the metal tab down as the quick disconnect slides apart or back together you can easily nick the internal "O" ring therefore getting a fuel leak at a future time.

Shiny Side Up
Afternoon Dougie

Be sure to hold the metal tab down all the way through the take apart & put back together. If you don't hold the metal tab down as the quick disconnect slides apart or back together you can easily nick the internal "O" ring therefore getting a fuel leak at a future time.

I learned that some time ago - don't ask how...

Archived