IGNORED

Hot right side on GS LC

Dave_in_TX

Anyone else experienced this? I recently purchased a low mileage 2014 R1200GS. At temperatures above about 80, I frequently notice a lot of heat on my right thigh. Sometimes the seat almost feels like it is heated. The bike has an Akrapovic exhaust although I don't know if the problem is related to that.

There is a fan on that side for the radiator. It comes on when coolant temp reaches a pre-set temp. Suspect that's what you're feeling. I get heat on the right side as well at times, but on my lower leg/foot (I have a 2015 GSA).

There is a fan on that side for the radiator. It comes on when coolant temp reaches a pre-set temp. Suspect that's what you're feeling. I get heat on the right side as well at times, but on my lower leg/foot (I have a 2015 GSA).

I'm not felling heat on my lower leg or foot so I don't think what I'm feeling is from the fan.

Not uncommon issue,more noticeable when outside temps in the 80's or above,as you have noticed.

No good fix found yet.Some have suggested aftermarket skid plates make the situation worse.

There is a thread or two over on ADVRider,specific to this topic.

JR356

14 GS Adventure

Number two cylinder is on the right and consequently set closer to your leg. This might seem like a trivial difference but coupled up with the heat rising from the exhaust, the accumulated effect might be enough to create the temperature difference.

Your cooling fan might also periodically contribute.

• 1 month later...

Any chance you have added the rear Mudsling to the bike. I did and it made my bike unrideable above 80 degrees. I took the mudsling off and problem solved.

Dave_in_TX
Any chance you have added the rear Mudsling to the bike. I did and it made my bike unrideable above 80 degrees. I took the mudsling off and problem solved.

I bought the bike used so I don't know exactly what was added. I'm not familiar with what the mud sling looks like.

Dave_in_TX

I bought the bike used so I don't know exactly what was added. I'm not familiar with what the mud sling looks like.

I took a closer look and yes, I do have a mud sling on the bike.

Archived