IGNORED

Did you ever wonder about how your parenting was sinking in....

ltljohn

Found out some today that some of it sunk in. My 11 yr old asked his mother if she could ask the Easter Bunny to "bring fruit instead of all that candy, I just don't like all the candy"

I'm pushing 50, and my mother still sends a box of See's candy every Easter. I plow through it like a 6 year old. Life's short.

But good on ya!

szurszewski

My seven year old, who lists eagerly his favorite food as chocolate, and who asks, at most holidays, for "chocolate I can eat whenever I want..."

has recently given up on chocolate milk at school because it's "not as healthy as regular milk." Even more recently he has proclaimed that he doesn't even like the chocolate milk anymore. Oh well - more chocolate milk for me and mom....

Funny, we never had chocolate milk around the house when I was growing up (nor that strawberry quick stuff either). I buy milk all the time, but it never occurs to me to get the flavored stuff.

We did have Tang on camping trips, and I only drink that camping now. Kinda like hot dogs and smoke in your eyes - It's just part of camping for me.

szurszewski

Mine either - my mom's mom always had the pink Quick stuff in powder form, and that was a treat. We don't have chocolate milk around much either - but it goes fast when it's around :)

josh

Archived