IGNORED

Temecula days Check-in

graydude

In at 10:30 after a brutal 10 minute haul into my driveway. Great event. My profound gratitude to the committed participants who braved the searing 82 degree temps, perfect riding conditions and the overwhelming stench of the Orange Blossoms in bloom. We toughed it out! Next year I promise the ocean.

396B60C4-9B57-405F-AE35-BAF74A15AB8F_zpsv4kbjalt.jpg

The brave partipcants : EDDDDDDD (we finally talked him into removing his helmet),Graydude,Chrisolsen,Groanup,Havasu Dave,HeyFrank,BillWalker,Hoken and Lbump.

Bill_Walker

I left Temecula at 11:00 after having breakfast with graydude, his wife, and Havasu Dave. I managed to find a way home on back roads we hadn't ridden on Saturday, except having to take Old Castle Rd. in the opposite direction, and got home about 12:50. And it was such a perfect day for riding, I fired up my KLX250S for the first time in months (and it fired right up!), and went out and rode another 30 miles.

Here's my reconstruction of the ride route we all (except for LBump) took on Saturday, in case anybody is wondering where they went: Google Map

I got back in around 4:00 MDT after using California-style lane splitting to great effect in Nevada and Arizona.

I-15 northbound is choked down to one lane just south of Mesquite, NV, and it is going to be a mess on Sunday afternoons/evenings as people head home from a weekend visit to Las Vegas.

There is still the single lane northbound in the Virgin River Gorge.

It was a good time a despite being served stale root beer by the host while other were treated to fresh beverages.

Oh...

Was I supposed to check in?

Got home at 9:50 am. Just in time to go grocery shopping... :P

Had a great time in spite of the old guy in the white Toyota...

Thanks for organizing and planning the thing Todd.

Also, thanks for not supplying PBR!

And in case anybody was wondering... That photo was shot at 95F, and look how we were dressed! :Cool:

Returned with no incident last night, other than being passed by a BMW scooter on the I-15 doing about 90mph.

Great to rendezvous with everyone and do the back half of the ride.

Thanks Todd for your efforts in organizing!

eddd, you deserve better than stale year old root beer.

Ok Larry, had to google a 2008 Cervelo so I know you weren't riding that ;) , and it looks like you gave everything else away. So, whatcha riding out there? :S

Pat

I left Temecula at 11:00 after having breakfast with graydude, his wife, and Havasu Dave. I managed to find a way home on back roads we hadn't ridden on Saturday, except having to take Old Castle Rd. in the opposite direction, and got home about 12:50. And it was such a perfect day for riding, I fired up my KLX250S for the first time in months (and it fired right up!), and went out and rode another 30 miles.

Here's my reconstruction of the ride route we all (except for LBump) took on Saturday, in case anybody is wondering where they went: Google Map

See how close we were to the ocean?

Havasu Dave

I left Sunday after breakfast into the maw of Orange County to meet an old high school pal (Harley rider). We ended up at Cook's corner. OMG. Just drinking Diet Coke. Those HD dudes sure get the babes to turn out. Not your normal BMW sausage fest. Thanx Todd, weekend was great and the blooming' ocotillos are gorgeous: not that i had time to stop and actually photo them.

Lone_RT_rider
Hi Pat. Saturday I rode the '04 1100s. Lots of fun...

Emotionally, I miss that bike. My knees however, do not. :)

IMG_7234-M.jpg

Archived