IGNORED

Luggage for rear seat of RT

Stbell

I am looking for recommendations on a bag that will sit on the passenger seat of my RT. I am looking at doing an extended trip and need to take additional clothes beyond the capability of my panniers and top case. I have been looking at bags and there are a ton of them. My preference would be something that is waterproof. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I've got Helen 2 Wheels clothes bag and like it a lot. I think it is waterproof; it seals with a roll top. Ties down easily, has loops for straps. Nice bag. You are right there are a ton of them.

Larry

I've got Helen 2 Wheels clothes bag and like it a lot. I think it is waterproof; it seals with a roll top. Ties down easily, has loops for straps. Nice bag. You are right there are a ton of them.

Larry

Yes, this is a good choice, and they have attachment points specifically designed for motorcycles. You can buy them here.

I've got a Motofizz seat bag that's nice, but it requires a rain cover. Having some experience with Helen2Wheels products, I'd say that the latter is a better choice.

One other thing I like about the Helen2Wheels bags is that they open from the side. One doesn't have to dump everything out to find something.

I highly recommend the Dry Spec 38L bag. This has a hard plastic liner that will hold the shape of the bag when empty, or just half full. Fits perfectly on the back seat ( not too far forward that it hits your back, but can be leaned against if you stuff it just right ). The tie down system this bag comes with is simply the best I have EVER used for any type of luggage. It also has great built in tie points for adding a bag or whatever to the top of it.

I've been a huge fan of Helen 2 Wheels but she doesn't have anything to do with the current seller, it's an ugly story I won't tell here. No matter how much I like the product in the past I won't give the current supplier a dime.

Jay

I have been using this wolfman duffel bag for about 4 years now on my passenger seat. I keep a tent, sleeping bag, air mattress and backpacking chair in it. Always dry and I would buy again.

http://wolfmanluggage.com/products/renegade-waterproof-duffel-bag

Edit yo say the one I have must be a different version of this bag, because it is definitely bigger than 18" ... It's length has it wider than the seat and extended slightly over the panniers on both sides.

I am looking for recommendations on a bag that will sit on the passenger seat of my RT. I am looking at doing an extended trip and need to take additional clothes beyond the capability of my panniers and top case. I have been looking at bags and there are a ton of them. My preference would be something that is waterproof. Does anyone have any suggestions?

You might also try RKA. Richard makes a real good product.

Bill

Hi - I use the Ortlieb Dry Bag Duffel Bags.

Got them from Aerostitch. But they are available at many places. Mine has been thru all kinds of conditions and has held up well.

I use a couple of Rok-Straps to hold it on & it only takes a second to get it off

http://rokstraps.com/

http://www.aerostich.com/bags/seat-bags-and-tail-bags/dry-bags/ortlieb-dry-bag-duffel-bags.html

This is exactly what I do and I've been very happy with it. Rok straps are great.

I use the BMW luggage roll bag. I roll it up tight and put it in one of the side bags for trips down to the US. Then fill it up with the things you can get down there that you can't get up here in the Great White North. Water proof and very functional.

Len

Beemer Dood

My wife bought me the Dryspec D-66 Modular System distributed by Twisted Throttle. It has the rigid core D-38, and the dual side opening D-28 bags, and a strap system to allow them to be used independently or to be strapped together.

• 2 weeks later...

I use a combination of dry bag and BMR rack to carry heavier, bulky gear over the pillion seat. The rack itself has many points for attaching rok straps.

And when it comes to dry bags, I prefer the end closing bags over the top closing bags. With an end closing bag I can open the end to put a few last minute things in even though the bag is already strapped on (e.g. the shorts and sandals I wear until the last minute before donning riding pants & boots)

IMG_2206_zpsmuprij0u.jpg

IMG_2301_zpskuhcdtew.jpg

IMG_2547_zpsqb9efsje.jpg

IMG_2554_zpsiudb7kel.jpg

I tried Motofizz and Wolfman bags for my rear seat and they were great bags but a bit too big for me. I grabbed a BMW Small Softbag and that was perfect for me. Waterproof, easy to use on the rear seat with or without a top box, expandable for additional space and a good amount of pockets.

It can be seen on page 3 here: http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/us/en/equipment/media/BMWMotorradUSA_BagsBrochure_2014.pdf or directly here: http://parts.bmwmotorcycles.com/p/Softbag-2--silver--small/42781259/77497708880.html.

If you want something that has a good amount of room but is not huge this is a great option. If you don't use a top box or want a pretty big bag something like a Motofizz, Wolfman or others mentioned are very good options to consider as well.

Archived