IGNORED

What size Torx bit is needed to remove the rear wheel on an 09 GS?

Bud

Thanks to another member here, I just found out there was a TORX Plus bit in addition to regular ones.

Looking online, it appears they are less prone to stripping because of their design.

Thanks!

Thanks to another member here, I just found out there was a TORX Plus bit in addition to regular ones.

Looking online, it appears they are less prone to stripping because of their design.

Thanks!

I found out that the TORX Plus bit only fits TORX Plus bolts. :dopeslap:

Thanks!

I found out that the TORX Plus bit only fits TORX Plus bolts. :dopeslap:

I was intrigued by your TORX Plus post and looked into them. I thought it was odd that spec sheets were focused mostly on industrial and assembly situations, focusing on tool life primarily. In another document, it became clear that there were accompanying TORX Plus fasteners for the tools. I should have posted that info, but then decided that since you had been coached by someone else, there was a plan in place to change lug bolts to TORX Plus. I hope you didn't end up with a tool you have no use for.

Edit: BMW use's TORX bolts to mount transmissions. I didn't have an issue getting my transmission out of my E34 M5, but I have heard horror stories from guys who have. Sounds like the TORX Plus would be a welcome upgrade in this application.

Archived