Brake pads

Wayne Johnson

Wayne Johnson

Newbie here recent upgrade to a 2011 r1200 rt from a 02 oilhead rt. Any recommendations on pads my old bike had sintered but looking at other possible options?

Guest Kakugo

Hi and welcome.

You'll find most owners here prefer sintered brake pads, usually EBC HH or Carbone Lorraine (now CL Brakes) A3+. Personally I've been using the latter for quite a few years and I am very happy with them.

I replaced stock with EBC sintered. I spoke to the EBC tech rep in Ohio. He told me they let the motocross guys run their pads to see how they hold up. With the RT and the sintered he said they should last you virtually forever. They just don't wear our under street use. Time will tell.

I replaced my factory brake pads with Carbone Loraines from Beemer Boneyard. They typically last twice as long as OEM, at least for me. Lasting forever...I'd be a little skeptical of that claim.

haven't replaced them on the 1200 yet, but prior experience on 1150 was between 25-35k miles. Big fan of EBC. One time dealer sold me the very soft organic pads. They were gone in about 3000 miles. Sent EBC a note, told them what happened (not their fault), asked them what I should buy to emulate original...they sent me a new pair for free...and I didn't even ask. Loyalty from me. They worked great.

I put the EBC sintered HH pads on the front of my 2008 BMW R1200R after the original pads wore out. The new pads were harder and created a WEEE noise when I put on the brakes. It will be curious to see if you get the same thing.

Roger L

Don_Eilenberger
I put the EBC sintered HH pads on the front of my 2008 BMW R1200R after the original pads wore out. The new pads were harder and created a WEEE noise when I put on the brakes. It will be curious to see if you get the same thing.

Roger L

Get better earplugs.. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

i loved HH pads on my harleys, only issue i came across was once in a while when they got wet, then dry, they would sound like a old school bus braking - moan/squeak.

Archived