Mitch! (Joe Frickin Friday) ....

Lone_RT_rider

It's been closed for a quite a while now, but there was a time when you could get a slice of cherry pie, at the Martha inn, in the town of George, Washington. Good stuff!

szurszewski
It's been closed for a quite a while now, but there was a time when you could get a slice of cherry pie, at the Martha inn, in the town of George, Washington. Good stuff!

Awww - it's closed? That was a traditional stop after a show at the Gorge. Sigh.

Joe Frickin' Friday

Shoot. The last time I was in Traverse City was in summer 2008, which just barely predates my interest in Roadside America.

Just barely. In September 2008, Masako and I visited the world's largest frying pan in Long Beach, Washington:

i-C5hxznL-L.jpg

And the world's largest wooden squirrel in Longview:

i-thgX2W8-L.jpg

And of course in 2009, I visited the world's largest pancake griddle in Birkett Mills, NY:

621545543_4KDTc-L.jpg

And, oh yes, the world's largest filing cabinet...ah, the memories:

621550013_5QJSF-XL.jpg

Next time I head to Traverse City, I will make it a point to check out the World's Largest Pie Plates - and I will definitely dredge up this thread to post about it. Thanks for the tip! :thumbsup:

John Ranalletta

Can't say I was really tempted to divert off I-70 for this, the world's largest golf tee. Must really be boring to live in Casey, IL.

ILCASgolftee_andrea.jpg

roadscholar

Growing up in the 50's in small town central Fla, Eustis, I think the city father's were trying to get a jump on Florida tourism. There was a sign coming into town claiming it to be the "Orange Capital of the World", then later the "Bass Capital of the World", of which I doubt it was either : )

I could only wish it'd been the cherry pie capital..

And the world's largest wooden squirrel in Longview:

i-thgX2W8-L.jpg

It looks like you're waiting for the squirrel to do something? And what's with the cone?

Archived