IGNORED

FedEx service sucks.

Bud

I've lived in the same house for over 14 years. UPS comes here several times a week. The USPS can deliver mail to my house. Waste Management comes once a week and picks up my trash, but FedEx can not seem to deliver a package (even though they have been here many times before).

10:28 pm At local FedEx facility EAST SAINT LOUIS, IL

Scheduled for delivery next business day

10:28 pm Shipment exception EAST SAINT LOUIS, IL

Cannot locate recipient

4:47 pm Delivery exception EAST SAINT LOUIS, IL

Unable to locate address - Street name

Anyone want to bet they won't be able to find me tomorrow???????

Bud, I hope you get your package, but it doesn't look good from what you posted.

A few years ago, I was waiting for a new hard drive for my work laptop. I had ordered it Next Day, because I REALLY needed it. I kept checking for updates, and finally saw one that said Delivered. I checked outside my kitchen door. Nothing. Front porch, nothing. Called FedEx, and they said all they knew was the driver had changed the status to delivered, and when he got back to the barn at the end of the day, they would let me know.

Our neighborhood is unusual in that there is a road that ends with Circle, that has the same name as the Court I live on. Their numbers are in the 1200's, where ours are in the 8200's.

I started walking around the neighborhood, and sure enough, there was my package on the front porch of 120x ___ Circle, where I live at 820x _____ Court.

I retrieved the box, called FedEx and bitched them out, and went about the business of getting my laptop up and running again.

Around 5 PM this kid with his personal pickup shows up and tries to tell me he did the best he could. I tried to explain to him that getting two thirds of the road name right, and three quarters of the house number right, was not anywhere close to 100%, and if he had taken five more minutes of his time, we would not be going through this.

I didn't get the impression that this made any difference to how he would approach the same situation the next time. :dopeslap:

Then there was the time I had a new electrical panel shipped to me for Saturday delivery and they left it at the airport because they missed that. I offered to drive to the airport and retrieve it from them, and they declined. I had electricians at my house ready to do the work, and had to send them home. :mad:

Glenn,

Thanks for those words of encouragement. :grin::grin::grin::grin:

I paid for next day deliver once with UPS. Didn't show. Called UPS and had a conversation with them. The local UPS terminal manager called the next day (after a good butt chewing from her boss), gave me her personal phone number and asked that I call her if I ever have any further problems.

Haven't had to use it yet.

Perhaps I just woke up on the wrong side of bed and the package will appear today. dunno

I do know that we will be driving east to SE TN and it looks like we will keep pace with that large band of rain. At least I won't need sun glasses (trying to look on the positive side). :thumbsup:

My most frustrating one was when I was desperately waiting for new tires to be delivered before heading south the next day for one of the BRR's. They said "delivered", but were no where to be found at my house. I can't even remember how I managed to track them down, but I found them leaning against the front counter of the local motorcycle dealer 5 miles down the road. The big problem was that the dealer was already closed for the day. I could see them through the window, but could not get them.

I ended up leaving on the trip the next day without them and was forced to give up one of my afternoons on the trip to have a new rear tire spooned on while in NC. Not the end of the world, but it still pissed me off something fierce.

Around 5 PM this kid with his personal pickup shows up and tries to tell me he did the best he could. I tried to explain to him that getting two thirds of the road name right, and three quarters of the house number right, was not anywhere close to 100%, and if he had taken five more minutes of his time, we would not be going through this.

Grading, that's a 67 and 75. If you average that, it's a 71. Throw in the usual 10 point curve (81) and add the kid's 5 point extra credit for bringing the truck back undented, he scores a 86. That's a solid B. (no child gets left behind). ;)

Grading, that's a 67 and 75. If you average that, it's a 71. Throw in the usual 10 point curve (81) and add the kid's 5 point extra credit for bringing the truck back undented, he scores a 86. That's a solid B. (no child gets left behind). ;)

From a probability standpoint, you multiply the two fractions, so he only had a 50% chance of being right. I hope he would be left behind at that point. :dopeslap:

Bud, it could be that the address on the package is wrong. I had that happen once with a UPS package. I saw something similar on the tracking info and called them about it. They looked up the address that was on the package and it had the wrong street & number. The name and city/state/zip were correct but the street didn't exist. I don't know why the sender got it wrong, but I gave UPS the correct info and they delivered it the next day. I was surprised that they'd do that and not just send it back.

Anyway, hope you get your package OK.

We had a similar problem last year. After some discussion with a Fedex supervisor, I found out that the driver couldn't find me based on his GPS. Google maps and GPS takes you down the road about 1/2 mile and tells you my place is on the opposite side of the road. I think the young drivers are relying too much on the technology and abandoning common sense. If the guy had driven down the road reading addresses he could have deduced which house was mine by interpolation.

Bud, Sent the check for the GS via Fedhex.

They say it was delivered so please wash the bike and gas it up.

Will arrive shortly to pick it up.

We had a similar problem last year. After some discussion with a Fedex supervisor, I found out that the driver couldn't find me based on his GPS. Google maps and GPS takes you down the road about 1/2 mile and tells you my place is on the opposite side of the road. I think the young drivers are relying too much on the technology and abandoning common sense. If the guy had driven down the road reading addresses he could have deduced which house was mine by interpolation.

Don't get me started. Last year, I was expecting a delivery, and saw a FedEx truck drive past my house, pull into another driveway, turn around, and drive past again. Five minutes later, he drove by again, and managed to find my house (which is identified with name and number on the mailbox.

I mentioned this to our UPS driver, who has had the same route for ~15 years. Based on his description, Fedex sucks. They screw their drivers, and have low quality control.

Dave McReynolds

I felt sorry for one of the FedEx drivers today. I was waiting in a lab waiting room, for more than an hour, to get some blood work done, which took less than 5 min to do when it was my turn. It occurred to me several times that I would rather be waiting in the Starbuck's down the block for a call or text on my cellphone 10 min before my turn, but of course that's not going to happen. But anyway, a FedEx driver comes in and waits at the desk for 5-10 minutes for someone to sign for the package she has. Nobody comes. So she says, in a loud but pleasant voice, "FedEx here!" Another 5 minutes and still nobody comes, so she says it again. A voice from the back says, "Be there in a minute!" Another 5-10 minutes go by before the receptionist (who is not one of the phlebotomists) comes out and signs for the package. I know the FedEx driver is on a tight schedule, and probably could have used the 20 minutes or so that she wasted. But I also know that if she had just left, the lab probably would have complained, so she probably gets $hit either way.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Bud, it could be that the address on the package is wrong. I had that happen once with a UPS package. I saw something similar on the tracking info and called them about it. They looked up the address that was on the package and it had the wrong street & number. The name and city/state/zip were correct but the street didn't exist. I don't know why the sender got it wrong, but I gave UPS the correct info and they delivered it the next day. I was surprised that they'd do that and not just send it back.

Anyway, hope you get your package OK.

Thanks Mark,

It arrived while we were gone last week. Address was perfect.

Check came. Bank refused to accept it. :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

:wave:

I'll overnight another.

As usual, I'll make it for $9,999.00 over purchase price.

Please forward that balance so I can make arrangements to have the shipper pick it up.

Archived