IGNORED

Scratching an itch

Steve1962

So, after far too long between ride outs with Andy, today I had the opportunity as he was riding up from far flung Devon, to meet with some like minded souls at a well known cafe called the Long Itch diner, in Long Itchington, Warwickshire.

The purpose of the meet up was for Andy to hand out some awards relating to the Round Britain Rally (see link). http://www.roundbritainrally.co.uk/

He took a detour to meet up with me at my home on the way, having left home around 6am and arriving at mine around 9.45, 151 miles later. As this had been planned, I was, of course ready………..

I invited Andy in whilst I gathered my gear, and the dog (Jake, 11 yr old bonkers spaniel) proceeded to bark his head off for a couple of minutes, but Andy took it all in his stride.

Meanwhile, I was getting my knickers in a twist as I could not find my wallet (plonker), and eventually my son gave me his debit card so we could get going as we had 40 miles or so to cover and a timetable to keep to.

I led the way, taking a shortcut through Wychwood Forest and Chadlington to Chipping Norton, where we stopped so Andy could put some fuel in his lovely 850R, then we set off down the A3400 heading through Long Compton and Shipston on Stour before peeling off onto the Fosse Way (B4455) (Andy took the lead from here) which would lead us most of the way to our destination.

When we got there we found a collection of other bikes, along with some lovely old cars ( cars were here because the first sunday every month they hold a meet here), but most of the four wheelers left within half an hour.

Then it was time to warm up with a cuppa and some food (traditional breakfast) which Andy kindly paid for, and for him to catch up with his mates who were a friendly bunch, whilst we defrosted.

All too soon it was time to get going again, as Andy had to get back to Cheltenham, so he took the lead with me following, and we went back down the Fosse Way, but this time continuing to Stow on the Wold where we parted, with Andy taking the Tewkesbury road (B4077) and me peeling off down the A424for the final 20 minutes of my journey across country to home.

Once again another great ride out together, and even the near freezing temperature and bitter wind could not dampen the spirits.

Thanks Andy, and by the way………..I found my wallet when I got home…..in the side pocket of my trousers where it had been all along!!

Click the link to see a few photos.

We both had go pro cameras with us today, and at some point I'll post some footage.

Steve

:Cool:

Not sure I could handle your backward roads but would like to try.

Tim, not a problem. Just takes a minute and then all is well.

Steve, looks like a nice day for a ride.

:Cool:

Not sure I could handle your backward roads but would like to try.

Tim, not a problem. Just takes a minute and then all is well.

Steve, looks like a nice day for a ride.

Tim,

As Marty says, you'd son get used to it.

Marty,

It was a lot colder than it looked, only just above freezing all day, and when we were getting ready to leave, we had to run for cover under the canopy in front of the diner as we had a hail storm.........note to self.....when running for cover in a hail storm, don't hold your crash helmet upside down otherwise it will get wet inside..

Steve

Steve, I'd suggest putting that note inside your helmet. If you can see it something is wrong!

Steve, I'd suggest putting that note inside your helmet. If you can see it something is wrong!

Marty,

In my case the norm is that there is something wrong.................between my ears..............

Steve

Archived