IGNORED

What's the Chances We Will See a 2017 Triple Black GS Adventure?

TEWKS

Just stopped in the BMW shop and they had a new regular GS in Triple Black, wow looks really nice in person! :thumbsup: For me a GSA will condense two bikes into one which is probably the adult thing to do. (sorry for the foul language) :eek::grin:

Pat

Pat, it's been at least 2 years, you need a new bike.

It's OK. We understand.

(Hi, my name is Pat, and it's been two years since my last....)

:grin:

MB>

The sponsor is not only a person to guide the member through the MB program (multi bike) , but to also be there to listen. Being able to rely on a sympathetic ear can be particularly important when the individual feels on the verge of relapse.

Not gonna happen, huh? :rofl:

Pat

Correct, zero chance at rehabilitation. :grin:

Oh, sounds like I may be doomed to a multi-bike existence. :( Hey, wait just a minute!! :Cool: Lets bring out the happy dance guy! smiley-dance011.gif:grin:

Pat

Hope they make one for you!

If they do, would you be interested in twins? :Cool:(the two wheeled kind) ;) Or should I say, a GS North! :thumbsup: ps....Heck, I'd even paint the silver air deflector on the front to black. :P:grin:

Pat

If I hadn't just bought the 700GS I probably would have.

Since the triple black is the best, it will sell quickly when the time comes. :wave:

Edited by Marty Hill
  • 4 weeks later...

Someone posted this on ADV. Was mentioned it was a limited edition Europe only model. I kind of think it was a dealer prepped special. Could be wrong, but, weeks of scouring the Internet for info on this bike tells me I'm not. The bike in the upper right sorta backs up my thought.

TripleBlackGSA-LC.JPG

Pat

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kakugo

Yes, that is a dealer's special and yes, we are getting a Triple Black GS-LC this year already. ;)

Here are some pictures from the BMW press release:

bmw-r-1200-gs-triple-black-2016-6.jpg

bmw-r-1200-gs-triple-black-2016-4.jpg

bmw-r-1200-gs-triple-black-2016-7.jpg

I did see a new regular GS T/B at the dealership a few weeks ago. It looks so much better in person and IMO, it's the nicest color option out there. Don't believe me, ask Marty Hill! ;):grin:

Pat

What are the odds of BMW producing an all black motorcycle?

:grin:

Used to be, what are the odds of BMW producing something besides a black motorcycle.

:Cool:

Used to be, what are the odds of BMW producing something besides a black motorcycle.

:Cool:

Seems that theme ran on both sides of the pond, I guess. :grin:

quote-you-can-have-any-color-you-want-as-long-as-it-s-black-henry-ford-93-24-01.jpg

Pat

• 3 months later...

I love the look of the Triple Black and took a test ride and priced one out with the options I want today at a Battley's dealership in MD. The salesman said that BMW has announced that the R1200GS Adventure will also come in Triple Black in the 2017 models.

I leave for the UnRally in the morning on my K1200RS and will be riding with Mark Mayhew (Marcopolo) who now is riding a 2016 R1200GSA. Looking forward to talking with him and to of the GS riders to fine tune my dream bike. Hope to have one for next years riding season. :thumbsup:

Bob, if I can't wiggle my way out of this new Triple Black Venus Fly GSA Trap :grin: I may have a slightly used 2012 T/B GS for sale.

Pat

• 1 month later...

I got a call today, two weeks and Second Wind BMW will have a 2017 triple black ADV on the floor. One issue, it's gonna look a bit like this guy. Now surely (don't call me Shirley) you'd bottom out on Black Bear! :grin:

dachshund.jpeg

Reg height version is about a month out. :thumbsup:

All this talk and still no idea if I'm gonna sign. :dopeslap:

Pat