IGNORED

Trick to Removing the Coil Covers on a CamHead

Rogerl

I was going to check the spark plugs on my 2013 R1200R and I could not remove the black plastic cover from the valve cover to get at the ends of the coils. The manual says to reach under the bottom of the valve cover and pull on the end of the plastic cover. I pulled and the cover would not budge. Is there a trick to getting these covers off or do I need to get something to hook under the back of the cover to get it off. I do not want to pinch the wires. The covers on my 2008 R1200R come off easy.

Thanks

Roger L

If you could get something to hook under the lower edge of the plastic and pull down/outward. On mine, it took an unreasonable (at least to me) amount of force to get it off. Be careful not to tip the bike. Also remember that the wires to the coils are in there too.

Frank

If you could get something to hook under the lower edge of the plastic and pull down/outward. On mine, it took an unreasonable (at least to me) amount of force to get it off. Be careful not to tip the bike. Also remember that the wires to the coils are in there too.

Frank

Mine come off with very little effort.

Archived